Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

inner barrel length change

• 04-05-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

ok question for ya's

have aeg which the inner barrel length is 240mm the bore is 6.05, i want to install a 363mm with a bore of 6.03, have suppressor to deal with longer inner barell

ive been reading conflicting information on what the effects on the aeg will be from doin this. namely more accuarate/less accuarate & more fps/less fps,the aeg is currently shooting at 255fps with .2g and is a ebb so i would not like to lose any more fps

so anybody know what definitively the effects would be?

thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

It could raise your fps depending on the piston. If it holds enough air to fill the barrel it will increase fps and if not it will probably stay the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Installing a tightbore barrel of the same length should increase both your FPS and accuracy. All other things being equal a longer barrel should also improve accuracy and FPS. However, there is also the possibility that because you're going from a CQB-length barrel to a carbine-length you could be introducing a new problem. How? If your internals were set up for a CQB barrel it is possible they won't be able to push a large enough volume of air for a carbine barrel. Don't quote me on this one, I am not a gun tech, someone more qualified needs to comment on this. Overall I think your performance will improve but you will need the input of a good tech to get the best out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Decoy wrote: »
    Installing a tightbore barrel of the same length should increase both your FPS and accuracy. All other things being equal a longer barrel should also improve accuracy and FPS. However, there is also the possibility that because you're going from a CQB-length barrel to a carbine-length you could be introducing a new problem. How? If your internals were set up for a CQB barrel it is possible they won't be able to push a large enough volume of air for a carbine barrel. Don't quote me on this one, I am not a gun tech, someone more qualified needs to comment on this. Overall I think your performance will improve but you will need the input of a good tech to get the best out of it.

thanks decoy and mokeyguy, i could get the spring changed if needs be i guess for more power but i cant change the piston cause it a special one the makes the blowack function, the musings of a tech would be greatly apreicated,
    the minder, deburca or leftyflip please see this! :rolleyes:

Put it this way, your accuracy will improve, but you should post what brand it is so they can tell about the fps.

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Put it this way, your accuracy will improve, but you should post what brand it is so they can tell about the fps.

the aeg is src, the barrel would like to install is madbull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Decoy wrote: »
    Decoy is right. Fps will rise (less air escapes around the bb), and there CAN be a problem going up in barrel length, but its over a certain length... upto m4 length, 363 or wwhatever it is, is fine. Should be no problems.

As for your piston, you can change the head, that can improve air seal and raise your fps too...
    Madbull barrel will deffinatly jump the fps, think 15-20ish. They are rather tasty.

other options beside a spring... better air nozzle... again, air seal. better hopup unit... same deal again. Cheap option is take out your piston, soak the o ring in silicone oil, and reinsert, should make it nice and 'full'.

(Feels slightly hurt she's been left out of the gun tech list *huff* (JK))

Firekitten wrote: »
    Decoy is right. Fps will rise (less air escapes around the bb), and there CAN be a problem going up in barrel length, but its over a certain length... upto m4 length, 363 or wwhatever it is, is fine. Should be no problems.

As for your piston, you can change the head, that can improve air seal and raise your fps too...
    Madbull barrel will deffinatly jump the fps, think 15-20ish. They are rather tasty.

other options beside a spring... better air nozzle... again, air seal. better hopup unit... same deal again. Cheap option is take out your piston, soak the o ring in silicone oil, and reinsert, should make it nice and 'full'.

(Feels slightly hurt she's been left out of the gun tech list *huff* (JK))

thanks firekitten, very much apricated :D

i didnt think of just changing the piston head but not the piston, im showing my lack of tech knowlege there :o,

aint to confident in opening gearboxs myself so it would propley be given to someone to do :o

i plan to install guarder clear rubber but cant change the hop unit itself as its made only for this aeg, not even sure they've released spare ones yet :confused:, the aeg is a src mp40 ebb so it has the crazy long air nozzle also

ps. sorry for your name not bein in list :o next time :)

more help and opinions apricated

its ok, i was mostly kidding (my tech nerd pride was a little bruised :rolleyes:)

Didn't know you meant the mp40... Nice!

and a silencer? on an mp40? Heretic! Get out! rofl I retract all my advice and help with such savage butchery...:D

its ok, i was mostly kidding (my tech nerd pride was a little bruised :rolleyes:)

Didn't know you meant the mp40... Nice!

and a silencer? on an mp40? Heretic! Get out! rofl I retract all my advice and help with such savage butchery...:D

i know,i know already be slapped on the hand for that, but there was a supressor devoleped for the mp40 just never released (if u google it, there a german solider in the snow with one) so my hersey aint aint bad as it could be :rolleyes: haha

but externally stock is a ugly word to me, always do something to change my aegs and didnt have many options besides weathering on the mp40. two examles tend 2 get comments on its have a halo supressor on my m249 mk II instead of outer barrel and ak mags in my galil..im a odd one i know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

While i don't agree with what you're doing Ste, I'll post this anyway... :p

182174d1298628285-mp40-silencer-110.jpg

• Advertisement

ha ha thanks sean,mine isnt that long but what can i say, suppressors...its how i roll :cool:

thats a Russian soldier ;) And I guess ill let you off if its kosher.

And ak mags in the galil? Don't talk to me :P

thats a Russian soldier ;) And I guess ill let you off if its kosher.

And ak mags in the galil? Don't talk to me :P

never said it was a german solider :p (oh wait nevermind i did oops)
    yea i just couldnt deal with the misfeeds the galil hicaps produce and not the biggest fan of mid caps,it has made my galil preform 100% better since did it plus ak mag more ready avablable and cheaper than galil mags 2 :)

I think I best keep my comment about the mp40 with a silencer in World at War to myself.

To each his own I say!

I think I best keep my comment about the mp40 with a silencer in World at War to myself.

To each his own I say!

do share! :) yea when playing world at war the mp40 with suppreppor is my main class loadout, with overkill and a sniper -wah-haha

Sniper.... sniper.... lol :D No comment ;P

Sniper rifle dude! Actually technically I don't know if you can even call them sniper rifles because most of them are standard issue rifles with a scope and I think the PTRS was an anti-tank gun?

Anyways I like that mp40 with the supressor or whatever you want to call it. What I was going to say was it was probably the best combination of gun and attachment... Ever since I wondered if it was realistic at all! Or if it'd look right in person. I hope I see you with it some time and I will have my answer!

Sniper.... sniper.... lol :D No comment ;P

ok my bad :o

I'm just kidding hon, don't worry... this topic has amused me since you decided to stick a silencer on an mp40 :P (Amuse in a good way)

My poor mind has images of call of duty, and you with a gold paintbrush... *glares*

I'm just kidding hon, don't worry... this topic has amused me since you decided to stick a silencer on an mp40 :P (Amuse in a good way)

My poor mind has images of call of duty, and you with a gold paintbrush... *glares*

gold?? nah id have platinum one ;), all these talk of world at war thing im think im goin to play some,:eek: ah wait i cant because annoynmous decided to screw with y online gaming-RAGE!!!

• Advertisement

Ok I like the idea of the silencer on an mp40, but if you dare cover that thing in gold/platinum/diamonte/other shiney thing I will personally get a seven kill streak and release the dogs on your ass.

Ok I like the idea of the silencer on an mp40, but if you dare cover that thing in gold/platinum/diamonte/other shiney thing I will personally get a seven kill streak and release the dogs on your ass.

haha :p nah dont worry, hold back your dogs of war

I'm sorry, I don't listen to rap music, what are you two talking about?

I'm sorry, I don't listen to rap music, what are you two talking about?

the youth of today with there hippin and there hoppin and there bibbing aand there bobbin :p

talking about the few in call of duty games that choose to put a gold finish on there gun :confused: the dogs was refiring to a killstreak in the game

I believe it was "Bipping and Bopping" if I remember correctly? Funnily enough, bopping is a real word, while bipping isn't.

Firekitten, don't you mind us, we wuz jus disscussin domin8in' n00bs eck set rah.

ah your right so it is :o

just thinking there why do 9 outta 10 of the threads i post send up going way off topic, is it just me? is it? :confused:

This isn't off topic this is just discussing a side note. You have my full backing in your project!

This isn't off topic this is just discussing a side note. You have my full backing in your project!

haha side note, nice must remember that. thanks for your backing soldier! :p

Advertisement