Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Exam 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Didn't have a clue what changes they'd seen in the past number of years.. (Q4 of the Audio Visual). I only heard the bit about the financial changes.

Overall the paper was pretty good. No enterprise question though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kieranb1

Didn't have a clue what changes they'd seen in the past number of years.. (Q4 of the Audio Visual). I only heard the bit about the financial changes.

Same! i dont think theyre were any other changes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mobile1541

what were da questions??

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

overall not too bad. didnt think the audio visual was a great one.
    much preferred the mock altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Same here I couldnt think of anything either. The last quaestion on the audio-visual was hard too imo, the thing about personal development or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paul.M92

I found the paper to be great, the case study was good but I had a tonne of possible questions made up and prepared.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Audio Visual - I struggled to answer a few of the questions, Mainly part 4 and Part 8. Think those were the ones anyways. But other than that I felt it to be fairly easy.

Case Study - I did a lot of possible questions on that and well I was lucky, all the ones that came up I had answered on before.

General Questions - I am not to sure on these ones. I got a lot down on the paper so I am hoping that I pick up the marks. There was one question however which I am worried about. I think it was Part C of question 5, the one about the questionnaire ?

Well there I was writing it out then bam! I run out of space. I thought to myself "not to worry, ill flick to the back were there is additional paper"...There was not one to be seen. I mentioned it to the examiner and the best she could do was provide me with an A4 refil page and told me to right my exam number + remaining answer on that.

I am unsure as to weather they will accept it or not though. I included a note at the bottom explaining my problem so hopefully that will help. Im certain that there has always been a spare space at the back of the booklet to allow candidates "longer answers".

If it comes to it in August though, and I see its not corrected, Ill probably take matters further...(I know it sounds a bit stupid, but marks are marks and any help when it comes to getting into college)

Anybody else have anything like it happen to em ? Any advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

same i just said they experienced financial changes due to the economic downturn... or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

For the changes I just listed what she said was a factor; financial is more common now, it used to be family issues, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chris111crisis

For question 4 i said there is an increase in homelessness due to financial difficulties, it used to be caused by personal, family and medical problems. The question was 4 marks so this elaboration was probably necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 chris111crisis

Extra pages are usually provided that have been stamped with the state examination commission logo however i would not worry about that page as you have explained your situation on the page, i would be more concerned about if you used all the necessary types of question in your questionnaire such as rating questions, closed and open response questions and had the correct layout and order of questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

For that audio-visual recent changes thing I basically said that people normally come to them with family or medical problems and that, and in recent years, there have been an increasing number of people coming to them with financial difficulties. Really, it's the only thing I could pick out from that part, and there were no other mentions of it. Bit of an iffy one.

The paper in general seemed to be easy enough, a lot of general stuff and common sense going around. What got me worst on the general question were the business plan questions. Didn't prepare myself for them enough, I don't feel they were answered as good as they could have been answered. My portfolio was pretty spot-on so maybe I'll just scrape a distinction, who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 C0nn0rmcl

Ugh... don't chat...
    Of all the day I had to take a day off because of illness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

C0nn0rmcl wrote: »
    Ugh... don't chat...
    Did you talk to your school about it? Any chance of you being able to take the test now at all? At least it's only worth a maximum of 70 points, you can make up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 C0nn0rmcl

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Did you talk to your school about it? Any chance of you being able to take the test now at all?

I'm going back on Friday so I will talk to them then... but I doubt I will be able to do it. :(
    At least it's only worth a maximum of 70 points, you can make up for it.
    Yeah but points are points and LCVP is a easy enough subject.

I will just need to study a little harder to make up for it...
    Aw well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

I didnt actually like thst exam, I found my mock paper was far easier....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

C0nn0rmcl wrote: »
    Ugh... don't chat...

No offence but you really should have known about the exam. If your sick dring your LC papers your gonna have to go in.

Anyways it's unfortunate to hear you missed it. Least if your portfolio is in you could salvage 30 points ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

i have to say that i've put too much preparation to case study. as i wrote tu much under this section and i was short on time .... i've done 4 general questions in 40 min ... so i have confusing feelings about this exam. I just hope that person who will mark it will be able to read my writing. the test itself was easy. audio visual section was one of the best we could get. it wasn't complicated as the one on the mocks or in recent years. case study had obvious questions and they were straight forward. they werent tricky or anything. general questions were also grand ... but i completly don't remember what they were asking for, i dont remember my answres as i was under so preassure to finish them in time. ofcourse i finished as the lat person. ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Paul.M92

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    No offence but you really should have known about the exam. If your sick dring your LC papers your gonna have to go in.?

Actually, if you give your school a days notice of absence, more or less. They can tell the SEC who can draw up a revised timetable for you.

Advertisement