Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you leave your child unattended?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Was in Dundrum earlier this afternoon and was sitting in the car for about 40 minutes
    waiting for a seller from Adverts. The car parked beside me had a young child strapped
    into their child seat in the back. About two minutes before i was about to leave the
    mother came back got into the car with shopping and went on her merry way.

Personally i wouldn't even leave a dog in the car on a warm day such as today without
    supervision. I think it's a disgrace this mother thinks she can leave her 2-3 year old in
    the car alone for such an extended period of time.

What is your opinion on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Should have called the cops after 10min.

The "mother" should be ashamed of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bet you it was an SUV and the mother was an OMG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Speaking not as a parent...

I can't understand how a parent would do something as stupid as that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Lawl at parents' reactions! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Would I do it?
    Absolutely not. No unequivocally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jaysus...I wouldn't do that, and I don't even like kids.

Was the kid in the car for nearly the whole 40 minutes?? Was it asleep? If it was awake surely it was distressed. Either way that's disgraceful. I definitely would have taken the reg number, called the police and had words with the woman when she got back to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Should have pushed the car to the other side of the carpark for the Lolz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Didn't someone's kid die from being stuck in a hot car in a similar situation?

Idiotic anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I reularly leave the kids in the car when I go into a petrol station - buy the paper and come back out.
    Doing your weekly shop while a child is in the car for that length of time is a fúcking joke - add in the 'heat' factor..... a pure muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Nothing wrong with leaving a child in the car, just make sure to keep all the windows closed to stop any animals/insects getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The only time I can remember leaving them in a locked car is to dash in to pay for petrol. The car was locked and in sight the whole time. Until I had kids, I never realized just how hard it can be sometimes just to perform a lot of simple tasks when you're out by youirself with the kids.

40 minutes is madness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

For 40 minutes? Anything could have happened in that length of time. I;m sure the shop had trolleys she could have put the child in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You should have kidnapped the kid to teach her a lesson OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

And then sold it on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Then they would have been left carrying the McCann for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Jaysus...I wouldn't do that, and I don't even like kids.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

40 minutes waiting on someone from Adverts? I'd have told them to go fcuk themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

While it's wrong for sure, it would have been a lot worse if it was on the side of the road on a public street. This however was an underground carpark with lots of security and cctv and auto plate readers. As I said though it's still wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

I would do it if I could see them 100% for either the petrol station window or xtravision. No way would I do it for 40 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

What a silly tart!!!!!! Ya shoulda called the cops, she how much of a yummy mummy she'd of been then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Was in Dundrum earlier this afternoon and was sitting in the car for about 40 minutes
    waiting for a seller from Adverts. The car parked beside me had a young child strapped
    into their child seat in the back. About two minutes before i was about to leave the
    mother came back got into the car with shopping and went on her merry way.

Personally i wouldn't even leave a dog in the car on a warm day such as today without
    supervision. I think it's a disgrace this mother thinks she can leave her 2-3 year old in
    the car alone for such an extended period of time.

What is your opinion on this?

You should have reported her to the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

phasers wrote: »
    40 minutes waiting on someone from Adverts? I'd have told them to go fcuk themselves

I was early ;)

IngazZagni wrote: »
    While it's wrong for sure, it would have been a lot worse if it was on the side of the road on a public street. This however was an underground carpark with lots of security and cctv and auto plate readers. As I said though it's still wrong.

It was on the side of a road on a public street! Not in the centre itself!

hondasam wrote: »
    You should have reported her to the gardai.

I did. I called the gards and gave them the registration of the car and where it was located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Very warm weather and windows closed means a risk of suffocation :mad:

bet you it was an SUV and the mother was an OMG

It wasn't, trust me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I did. I called the gards and gave them the registration of the car and where it was located.

Ah you should've stayed and posted the hilarious results.

Very warm weather and windows closed means a risk of suffocation :mad:

The window was open a crack

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ah you should've stayed and posted the hilarious results.

The kid's probably still in the car at the pound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

did the gardai speak to her or was she gone when they got there?

Advertisement