Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Issues

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi lads, im having serious trouble with my broadband. Every few minutes the DSL light goes red and I have to reconnect it and it runs incredibly slow at certain periods too.

No matter how many times i've reset the router it seems to continue.

It used to be fine but recently it can disconnect every 2 mins when im trying to use it and its really annoying.

Any help you could give would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Saviola wrote: »
    Hi lads, im having serious trouble with my broadband. Every few minutes the DSL light goes red and I have to reconnect it and it runs incredibly slow at certain periods too.

It used to be fine but recently it can disconnect every 2 mins when im trying to use it and its really annoying.

Sounds like you have interrmittent sync. Possibly due a change in the internal line or due to a fault. Possibly even due to a faulty modem. You should call 1890260260 and troubleshoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Saviola wrote: »

Hi Saviola
    yes Poisonedstream's diagnoses and suggestion are correct. ( thanks Poisenedstream):) If you have any problem reporting this, or if you have reported this and have been given a fault ref no. and wish to post this to me I can update you. Or post me your line details and I can have this tested for you..
    Tony

Advertisement