Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gutters Price?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have an average 3 bed semi-detached house and wish to replace the guttering, fasias and soffitts plus a couple of down pipes.

I have had a number of quotes for this work ranging in price from €800, €900 and €1100. These are for PVC Gutters etc.. The fist two quotes include the price of taking away the old gutters but the last quote goes up to €1500 if I want them to take away the old gutters.

All these companies seem legitimate.

What is the going rate in these recessionary times for a job like this and why the big price difference?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 anyideas

Hi barneyeile,

I'm just about to ring around to get some quotes for replacement gutters, soffits and fascia on my 3 bed semi.

Seeing as you've done the same recently, I was wondering if you had any advice on what to look out for/avoid and any questions I should be asking when i'm getting the quotes.

Did you manage to find out why the quotes varied so much?

Also, how did they manage the join with your neighbours gutters?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

Advertisement