Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Licence Question?

• 04-05-2011 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I have a full **car** drivers license for the past 4 years and now im looking to get bike licence (provisional for the first while). What im wondering is can I just go to the tax office and ask to have it added to my existing licence or do I have to go do the theory test etc.

Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭obriendj

Not only do you have to do your theory test but you also have to do a 16 hour IBT (initial bike training) course. I did it 2 weeks ago, and too be honest im glad i did because it was so helpful but costs over 500 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭coolkidd

I was hoping I wouldn't hear that. How long did the traing course take to do?

To be honest , this IBT course has made it too expensive for me to take up biking.

So let me get this right, You cant even et a provisional until you do this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭obriendj

The course was 2 full days.

sorry you can get your provisional by passing the theory test, and are legally allowed to bike around but you have to do the course before you apply for your test. So if you know how to ride a bike you could but it off for a bit but if you dont and have to get lessons anyway you should do the course after you pass your theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

obriendj wrote: »
    The course was 2 full days.

but you have to do the course before you apply for your test

That's incorrect, The ibt has to be done before you are allowed on the road by yourself not before your test.

Advertisement