Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few Blackberry 9700 problems..

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, so i got my self an unlocked blackberry 9700 and im having a few problems with it, im not gonna post up all the problems in one post, ill ask dem separately.

ok so one problem is seting up my email. when i go to set up my email it only asks me to activate an enterprise account, it says
    "to activate your enterprise account, enter details provided by your system administrator in the fields below"
    but i want to set up an "Internet Mail Account" not enterprise, there is no option of internet mail account, how can i do this?

info* the phone is second hand, and unlocked. ive asked to owner about this but havent heard anything back. i do not have a data plan im using wifi at the momemt till i get my meteor sim..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

jdunne08 wrote: »
    Hi, so i got my self an unlocked blackberry 9700 and im having a few problems with it, im not gonna post up all the problems in one post, ill ask dem separately.

ok so one problem is seting up my email. when i go to set up my email it only asks me to activate an enterprise account, it says
    "to activate your enterprise account, enter details provided by your system administrator in the fields below"
    but i want to set up an "Internet Mail Account" not enterprise, there is no option of internet mail account, how can i do this?

info* the phone is second hand, and unlocked. ive asked to owner about this but havent heard anything back. i do not have a data plan im using wifi at the momemt till i get my meteor sim..

You need to have BIS (Blackberry internet service) provisioning, which comes from your network. Meteor have it on bill and pre pay. I think the pre pay service is free for 3 months then 9.99 per month. Contact meteor and ask them to activate it for you. Then you go to:
    http://meteor.blackberry.com/

And register the device once they provisioned you.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

cookie1977 wrote: »
    You need to have BIS (Blackberry internet service) provisioning, which comes from your network. Meteor have it on bill and pre pay. I think the pre pay service is free for 3 months then 9.99 per month. Contact meteor and ask them to activate it for you. Then you go to:
    http://meteor.blackberry.com/

And register the device once they provisioned you.

Thanks for replying, ok i will do that once i get my sim. so when i get the bis there will be an option for an "Internet Mail Account" ?

i have another question about the wifi in the BB if you can help me.
    the first time i set up wifi it worked perfect, browser, bb app world, uber social... but after awhile they stop working i get a "blackberry is having trouble connecting...." error or a "Java.io.IOException" error in UberSocial.

the only way the fix this is to do a battery pull, but again after awhile they stop working.

have you any ideas why this happens and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for replying, ok i will do that once i get my sim. so when i get the bis there will be an option for an "Internet Mail Account" ?

i have another question about the wifi in the BB if you can help me.
    the first time i set up wifi it worked perfect, browser, bb app world, uber social... but after awhile they stop working i get a "blackberry is having trouble connecting...." error or a "Java.io.IOException" error in UberSocial.

the only way the fix this is to do a battery pull, but again after awhile they stop working.

have you any ideas why this happens and is there a way to fix it?

The ubersocial app is probably causing problems. Delete it first to see if that fixes it and then if you want reinstall it.

The site I linked to in my previous post is where you go to on your computer and register once bis is active. That'll send service books to your phone and then you can use the site or your phone to set up email.

When you get bis active you can post back if you need more help.

The ubersocial app is probably causing problems. Delete it first to see if that fixes it and then if you want reinstall it.

The site I linked to in my previous post is where you go to on your computer and register once bis is active. That'll send service books to your phone and then you can use the site or your phone to set up email.

When you get bis active you can post back if you need more help.

jee that was fast lol.

i actually deleted it before and re installed and nothing, forgot to mention that. ok thanks alot i will set up bis first and see if the problem still happen, thanks

jee that was fast lol.

i actually deleted it before and re installed and nothing, forgot to mention that. ok thanks alot i will set up bis first and see if the problem still happen, thanks

Disable java in your browser options and see if that fixes it.

• Advertisement

Disable java in your browser options and see if that fixes it.

i think that might just have fixed the ubersocial problem, im not 100% sure but Thanks!

i think that might just have fixed the ubersocial problem, im not 100% sure but Thanks!

Fingers crossed. You're welcome ;)

Advertisement