Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading/crossfire

Options
  • 04-05-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi all

i'm thinking about upgrading my computer i have it about 15 months i was thinking crossfiring and i'm not sure whatever i can upgrade

here is my spec

Case: Coolermaster HAF Mini
    PSU: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w
    Motherboard: Asus M4A79 Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5850
    RAM: Geil DDR2 1066 dual kit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

best upgrade you can do is get another 5850, which youre in luck with as they're going cheap @ pixmania here and you're Mobo supports dual CFx @x16 so happy days.

how much ram do you have? 4gb is enough for todays standards, if you have 2gb, get another pair and you're good to go.

other than that, maybe get an aftermarket CPU cooler so you can OC the bejasus out of it and if you have a big budget concider an SSD.

EDIT: dont forget a crossfire cable if you dont already have one! (might have come with your mobo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dkmedia

Assuming this is your motherboard I would say getting another hd 5850 would be a good idea as both pci-e slots will run at 16x.

This would be a cheap yet excellent upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tosh_2006

my bad i should have said i have 8gb of ram and i also have a PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme i double checked that is the motherboard i have

Advertisement