Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bumper sticker

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You said......
    Look at my first thread.

When I suggested this, it was a bit tongue in cheek for fun.
    Let's just have a laugh and if something comes up that would work? then why not. :D

And above you're post was this.
    Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D

Hence, laugh covered. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Now Im confused :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

could one of you techno wiz's not post one that we could print off then you could add your name if you wanted to

boards campervans
    do it the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I think we've covered this one already. See post above yours. ;)

Thank you Fingers, but I was quoting an earlier post. so I didn't connect the two.:p

This one is for peasant,
    How come I'm not getting notificitions of all postings on threads despite having clicked " follow this thread".
    This would have saved me getting stick from Fingers?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

This one is for peasant,
    How come I'm not getting notificitions of all postings on threads despite having clicked " follow this thread".

No idea ...ask the IT guys :D

Seriously ..no idea ...don't use this feature myself.
    And to compound the issue I wouldn't have a clue who / where to ask either :o

peasant wrote: »
    No idea ...ask the IT guys :D

Seriously ..no idea ...don't use this feature myself.
    And to compound the issue I wouldn't have a clue who / where to ask either :o

Thanks peasant, I'll take it further because I hate to be two steps behind (unless it's buying a round of drinks).:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi there.

I have the same issue, but just read the notification email which ends with the following note

******** There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

This probably explains it, but I stand to be corrected

Z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

For anybody interested there's some great examples of bumper stickers on http://www.zazzle.com/camper+stickers

I quite like, "Home is where the road ends" or "RV there yet"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Boards Camper Thread Carefully

• Advertisement

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    Hi there.

I have the same issue, but just read the notification email which ends with the following note

******** There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

This probably explains it, but I stand to be corrected

Z

Hi, Yes this notification is always there but after, quite often a short time, I no longer get any notifications and have to click "Follow this thread" again whereas normally the box at the bottom of the thread says "Unfollow........." . Very odd. It's a question for the techies I think. Thinking a little more about it, perhaps if you haven't posted anything for a certain length of time your name comes off the list of followers for that particular thread? that would make a bit of, sense I suppose, get rid of those who have moved, given up, died or married (more time with the wife and less time on computer):D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hi, Yes this notification is always there but after, quite often a short time, I no longer get any notifications and have to click "Follow this thread" again whereas normally the box at the bottom of the thread says "Unfollow........." . Very odd. It's a question for the techies I think. Thinking a little more about it, perhaps if you haven't posted anything for a certain length of time your name comes off the list of followers for that particular thread? that would make a bit of, sense I suppose, get rid of those who have moved, given up, died or married (more time with the wife and less time on computer):D.

I think you only get one notification when one particular thread is updated, else in somewhere like the busier forums you could be getting hundreds of emails a day.

Hi Fingers, You could be right, the only problem then, if this is so, is that you have to scan through all the threads that you might have contributed to, as opposed to just reading the one, in case there's a new posting!.
    I'm fairly sure that I've been notified in the past of new postings on different threads, Which, in my opinion, is how it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redcube

On my camper i had a sticker that says

I'm not lost I'm following the sat-nav

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tom22413

My bumper sticker would read.
    If you can read this
    If you can read this
    If you can read this
    If you can read this
    If you can read this
    You are not catching up to my van
    Why I hear you ask??