Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dresses.ie order cancelled, awaiting on money?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

maxer68 wrote: »
    Now - do you want to believe actual physical evidence from 6 transactions and comment from of a credit crad processor (streamline) or some BS from posters that are not in the business?

The arrogance of your post is mad. You know what we all do for a living also do you? The fact of the matter is it can take up to 10 days for it to return and many people on here have already said they have experienced it. It is down to the processor and the bank getting it back to your account. Foreign returns would always take the longest for obvious reasons.

You could do a 100 transactions yourself in one of your stores and they will all go through fast and then one day one doesn't. Obviously an Irish company like dresses.ie should have the refund done within the same time frame as your ones considering they are Irish and use Irish processors and banks but I can tell you from experience this isn't always the case.

Whether you chose to believe that or not that is your prerogative. If I was on speaking terms with my ex I would give you her phone number and name and let you talk to someone who deals with these things first hand in the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

The arrogance of your post is mad. You know what we all do for a living also do you? The fact of the matter is it can take up to 10 days for it to return and many people on here have already said they have experienced it. It is down to the processor and the bank getting it back to your account. .

even Elavon have confirmed this morning that it takes 2 days from the time it enters the electronic system to appear in a customers bank. Any delay is usually on the retailers side as many will only allow a store manager / head office or someone else to process the refund. That can take anything from a minute to weeks depending on how efficient they are.

So Steamline say 2 days, Elavon say 2 days, my actual transactions say 2 days, yet you still seem to think there's nothing suspicious from a company that has taken almost 3 weeks?

Sorry - I'll believe the credit card processing companies and my own evidence, thank you very much. You believe what you wnat,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

maxer68 I previously requested that both you and jor el drop this subject. You are hijacking the OPs thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

maxer68 wrote: »
    So Steamline say 2 days, Elavon say 2 days, my actual transactions say 2 days, yet you still seem to think there's nothing suspicious from a company that has taken almost 3 weeks?

Where did I say that it was or wasn't? If you look at my first response to the OP I clearly said
    Give it another 24 hours and then call them back and tell them you never got the refund.

As the OP stated it had already been 10 Business days I clearly advised the OP to call the company. Which was the right thing to do. As for the 3 weeks that included 9 days that nothing would have happened, nothing gets done on weekends or bank holidays.

Hopefully the OP got in contact with them to find out where their money is.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Got onto bank this morning and no sign of money so i sent dresses.ie an email saying i want a recepit of the refund because I still haven't recieved my money. I got an email back there saying ' I do apologise for the inconvience, I will check with a gut in Finace, he is off this week but I will get onto him on monday and she was the delay is.' Wow that really puts my mind a rest, a person who cant spell!!! :mad:

Dresses.ie are run by the same <SNIP> crowd that run CBG.ie & Menupages.ie so getting a refund might be tricky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭sporina

@ OP - did you get your money back? I bought a few dresses from dressess.ie that I want to return.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

sporina wrote: »
    @ OP - did you get your money back? I bought a few dresses from dressess.ie that I want to return.

thanks

Are they faulty or not fit for purpose... or do you just not like them? If it's the latter, you won't see any money.

a mix of the above - one does not fit and the other is very poor quality and does not fit as a result

they for sure will refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

a mix of the above - one does not fit and the other is very poor quality and does not fit as a result

they for sure will refund?

Ask them. Only they can say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Under distance selling rules, they have to give a refund on items purchased on line.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/distance_selling.html

• Advertisement

they say i will have it within 14 days - so time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Lcronin2011

thanks

Yes i eventually got my money back after 3 weeks and numerous calls and emails :)

Advertisement