Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are Soft Wheaten Terriers

• 04-05-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Im looking at getting a dog and I really like the look of the soft wheaten terrier, I had one as a kid but rarely remember it as I was small and he died when I was around 12. Are they difficult to train (I have heard a few stories about their stubbornness) are they easy to socialize with other dogs, and are they ok around smaller animals like cats and the like. Any info would be great and would love to here from some actual owners of soft wheaten terriers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I have a 5mnth old wheaten and he's adorable. Seems a little dopey at times but picks up training pretty quickly(although he is slower than my other 5mnth old puppy). He has a lovely personality and although he's interested in the cats is pretty easy going with them, we had a hamster that he used to go nose to nose with and never attempted to hurt him. Great with kids and adults alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Hi my mother has a 3 & 1/2 year old girl and she is lovely! waggiest tail ever and such a pet! Only thing is the hair and she hates to be alone even for a few hours.....
    Not so sure about the small animals thing as we only have cows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I actually know a girl in cork looking to rehome her soft coated wheaten i can pass on your email address to her if you'd like

Advertisement