Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog car saefty belt or harness

• 04-05-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Im looking at geting a car safety belt for my dog,can anyone recomend one.
    Ive been looking around and can only fined ones that say use them as a "restraint" thier dont seem to be many ones for safety in the event of an accident.
    Are thier any good ones out thier,that have been preferablly tested and approved by the AA or rsa?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I bought these Mikki brand seat belts for my dogs in Petworld. Compared to other seat belts, they're very reasonable, easy to put on and I have found them to be excellent restraints. They're adjustable so you can decide how much leeway you want them to have in the car.

We bring ours in the car a lot these days and of all the harnesses I have used with different dogs over the years, I like these ones the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Just a word of advice, make sure the harness is compatible with your car. They don't all fit all makes I had a hell of a game getting one to fit a volvo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We use this one from clix. You want one with a chest piece/pad or ones that the straps don't slide around so much - some of the cheaper ones are basically 3 straps one that runs horizontally down their chest with vertical straps threaded thru - what happens is the vertical straps tend to fall out/move around and it's a pain - we had this one first and it used to drive me insane. If you take dog the off time it mightn't annoy you but my guy is in the car with me 3 or 4 times a week so I like the way the clix one quickly goes over his head and clips at the sides. You can get connectors that clip to a harness/collar but I don't think they'd protect the dog eg if you had to stop suddenly. I've had the clix one for a year now (wow my baba is growing up lol) and it's still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭doggiewalker00

Thank you,

the clix harness look ideal !

Advertisement