Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Signature edition is US only, the special edition here is exclusive to GAME.

edition-v3_04lok4.jpg

There's also the collector's edition and the animus edition for the mad / rich.

edition-v3_052om1.jpg

edition-v3_07pomw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

our review is up at 5pm irish time tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah this wil be the 1st game I pay full price for this year so def can't splash out for the collectors and would prefer not to give Game my money. I will prob go with HMV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I want that encyclopedia!!!
    Just have to try justify it to myself >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SpiceWeasel

Pre ordered the animus edition for 99 yoyos, think its only Gamestop that will have it. A bit pricey but i'm a huge fan of the series :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Anyone that pre-ordered with Gamestop.ie get it yet? Eagerly awaiting mine, and hoping it comes today rather than tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Argh, gamestop.ie wouldn't let me order the animus edition for Xbox! Only had the PC version, even though they have several pics on the site of the xbox version... ugh...order the std. ed. :(

So many games, so little time. Still haven't finished Deus Ex cos of college, have barely played fifa 12, now this and SR3 in the same week, and Max Payne 3, Mass Effect 3 in Q1 of 2012? *OVERLOAD!!!!!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone that pre-ordered with Gamestop.ie get it yet? Eagerly awaiting mine, and hoping it comes today rather than tomorrow!
    I went for the Animus edition and couriered delivery too. No sign of it yet but I'm not sure it would actually come today. Seeing as it's a Monday, they would have had to send it on the Friday evening. Think that's how they work the delivery. Send it out in the evening, gets delivered the next morning via courier. Suppose I gotta wait and see really. I do hope it gets delivered today though, even though my copy of Skyrim from Amazon arrived this morning too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,109 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have the Animus Edition pre-ordered and the statue pre-ordered. Went into GameStop today and they showed me the statue (which is pretty class!) and the Animus Edition and said that anyone who has pre-ordered the Animus Edition on PS3 gets the first game for free and discount vouchers for AC2 & Brotherhood! Yurt!

• Advertisement

and said that anyone who has pre-ordered the Animus Edition on PS3 gets the first game for free and discount vouchers for AC2 & Brotherhood! Yurt!

Isn't it every 1st run copy of revelations on PS3 gets AC 1? Handy for me as AC 1 is the only one I'm missing!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Isn't it every 1st run copy of revelations on PS3 gets AC 1? Handy for me as AC 1 is the only one I'm missing!

He didn't mention that today, but it's a possibility. But's it's definitely only on PS3 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,853 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can get it for €1 in GAME if you trade in battlefield, batman, uncharted or mw3

After getting my dispatch email from them an hour ago. Should be here tomorrow, I just hope I'll be here to take it in. Gonna be out of the country for the rest of the week if I amnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Reviews coming in on Metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/assassins-creed-revelations/critic-reviews
    Not looking too inspiring :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tesco are selling it now, just a heads up, spotted it in the one in coonagh in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 morluc

i really love this game.

How much krudler? Il be straight out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Anyone know if game in limerick are doing midnight launch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

How much krudler? Il be straight out!

think it was 49.99, they didnt have the price on the shelf like the other games, its there on both consoles though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

moz wrote: »
    Reviews coming in on Metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/assassins-creed-revelations/critic-reviews
    Not looking too inspiring :-(

They really should just turn AC into an FPS franchise and hav done with it, then the reviews would be a lot more favorable.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

nullzero wrote: »
    They really should just turn AC into an FPS franchise and hav done with it, then the reviews would be a lot more favorable.

I didn't find it's result to be atrocious, an 80% rating can't be consider to be bad, it's just not Skyrim. :D At least, they're maintaining some level of quality and variety for AC unlike MW3. :P

I hope to f*ck they don't have glitchy trophies like Brotherhood. I remember not unlocking for for finding a shrine or something even though I had found it. Not like I could get the platinum anyway tho with those rediculous MP trophies.

I think the 100% sync trophy will be the hardest this time.

I hope to f*ck they don't have glitchy trophies like Brotherhood. I remember not unlocking for for finding a shrine or something even though I had found it. Not like I could get the platinum anyway tho with those rediculous MP trophies.

I think the 100% sync trophy will be the hardest this time.
    Oh....There's a 100% sync throphy. EEeek! That will be touhg. In borther hood I managed to do the 100% sync on my mission most of the way through, but I gave up towards the end. that could be too hard perhaps. I havent looked at the trophy list but I do hope that there arent any trophies that require boosting to complete in the multiplayer.

Ya the MP trophies don't seem to harsh this time, doubt boosting will be needed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/assassins-creed-revelations/trophies/

Right, just home from GameStop with my Animus Edition and i said i'd take a few (bad) photos to show those of you who didn't order it, keeping in mind it was hard to hold in my excitement while taking these...

The Statue is very detailed, and looks like no expense was spared. It will be staying in it's box forever more. The PS3 Animus Edition came in a beautiful looking box, angled slightly, with a holographic front and sides, it looks like you're in the Animus.

The top of the box is plastic covered in felt with "ANIMUS EDITION" and the Assassins logo raised from the surface. Lovely.

Inside is the Encyclopedia, which i dare not open just yet as i want to play the game. The game comes in a black PS3 jewel case, and inside it includes the booklet, my uPlay Passport which gives me and exclusive character "The Sentinal". Also included on disc is Assassins Creed, a seperate disc for the best of Soundtrack, and there is a voucher for 30% off Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood, but i have both so first shout gets the code!

Finally, included is Assassins Creed: Embers - An animated movie of Ezio's final journey, and additional in-game content. I'm off to play it now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Anyone know what the selected game trade in is in HMV to get it for €6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Right, just home from GameStop with my Animus Edition and i said i'd take a few (bad) photos to show those of you who didn't order it, keeping in mind it was hard to hold in my excitement while taking these...

The Statue is very detailed, and looks like no expense was spared. It will be staying in it's box forever more. The PS3 Animus Edition came in a beautiful looking box, angled slightly, with a holographic front and sides, it looks like you're in the Animus.

The top of the box is plastic covered in felt with "ANIMUS EDITION" and the Assassins logo raised from the surface. Lovely.

Inside is the Encyclopedia, which i dare not open just yet as i want to play the game. The game comes in a black PS3 jewel case, and inside it includes the booklet, my uPlay Passport which gives me and exclusive character "The Sentinal". Also included on disc is Assassins Creed, a seperate disc for the best of Soundtrack, and there is a voucher for 30% off Assassins Creed II & Brotherhood, but i have both so first shout gets the code!

Finally, included is Assassins Creed: Embers - An animated movie of Ezio's final journey, and additional in-game content. I'm off to play it now! :D

That looks great. Have my animus edition winging it's way to me from gamestop.ie too, really looking forward to getting my hands on it now!

• Advertisement

Anyone know if HMV are giving any offers like free dvd's or tshirt? HMV is a bit out of my way, will have to settle for xtravision but i'll make the extra journey if they are giving anything extra.

Advertisement