Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinea pig advice needed please

• 04-05-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I was in the pet shop in today and they had baby guinea pigs in there that really were tiny and very very skinny. Woman said they were 3 or 4 wks old. Isn't that really too young to be away from their mom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Most definitely! In our shop it's after 7 weeks we take them in but you do get people dumping young animals on you! All pet shops are different though, so it's up to the person who takes them in..

Many will take them in if they believe they will be dumped after..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What pet shop do you work in? Always handy to have some inside help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Most definitely! In our shop it's after 7 weeks we take them in but you do get people dumping young animals on you! All pet shops are different though, so it's up to the person who takes them in..

Many will take them in if they believe they will be dumped after..

thanks, i think i might give someone in local rescue a call and then they can decide as i'd feel better knowing i'd done something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Males need to be seperated at 5 weeks of age females can stay with their mum indefinetly. 3 to 4 weeks is too young poor things shoudln't be skinny poor things. You can report them but would be suprised if anything was done about it, if you can can you pm me the name of the pet shop?

Advertisement