Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpu fan level

Options
  • 04-05-2011 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I have an AMD Phenom II X4 95, with an ASRock 880G Extreme3

motherboard. Im trying to set the fan level in the bios. The options are full on, which sounds like it’s a hoover and then auto and you select from 1-9.

Can someone tell me the safe level to set it at?

Thanks for any information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

If its got a 4 pin connector, can can actually change the fan in Windows, with a program like speedfan. If it doesn't, then its a simple case of setting it to each setting in the BIOS, and load test with something like OCCT or Prime95. Find the setting that keeps the tempreture in and around 55 degrees (I believe thats the safe temp limit for AMD) and there is your fan speed !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Deano12345 wrote: »
    If its got a 4 pin connector, can can actually change the fan in Windows, with a program like speedfan. If it doesn't, then its a simple case of setting it to each setting in the BIOS, and load test with something like OCCT or Prime95. Find the setting that keeps the tempreture in and around 55 degrees (I believe thats the safe temp limit for AMD) and there is your fan speed !

I had/have speed fan but it doesn't have a config for my motherboard, or do I just install it and let run without the config?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

This is a bit long-winded but you could hook it up to a fan controller and use a knob to turn the speed up and down yourself.

If speedfan can read your temps and senses your fans then you just need to configure a profile. google "how to set up speedfan"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I think I have it sorted, it only seems to kick in when converting music or defragging.

I hadn’t got the latch down for the fan (it took a bit of effort to close it and I was worried I would damage it when trying to close it), so I’m guessing it wasn’t making proper contact.

Ill Google speed fan and see if I can set it up so, be handy to make sure its running ok!

Advertisement