Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120Hz Gaming Monitor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

as long as you understand that you'll need an Nvidia graphics card that supports 3D and an Nvidia 3D vision kit which retails around €130.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dkmedia

Looking for a full HD, 3D, 23/24" 120Hz Monitor for the best value.
    I will be using it for gaming and multitabling poker.

One I've seen is this LG 23" one for £164/E183.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/23-lg-w2363d-full-hd-3d-black-1920x1080-10001-400cd-m2-5ms-dvi-hdmi
    (205E on dabs)

Anybody got any suggestions?

Heres a review

Its the best 120hz 3D monitor for the price, and the author of 3d vision blog still says its the best all rounder.

I will advise you though, avoid dabs.ie. I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to buy the monitor from them & eventually had to cancel, I'm ordering mine from scan.co.uk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dkmedia wrote: »
    Heres a review

Its the best 120hz 3D monitor for the price, and the author of 3d vision blog still says its the best all rounder.

I will advise you though, avoid dabs.ie. I've spent the past 2 weeks trying to buy the monitor from them & eventually had to cancel, I'm ordering mine from scan.co.uk.
    Thanks, I'll read that.
    I would use scan, seems much cheaper anyway!
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    as long as you understand that you'll need an Nvidia graphics card that supports 3D and an Nvidia 3D vision kit which retails around €130.
    Do you? I know somebody with an ati 4870 that has one, I have that card too. I have no idea about the 3d kit though!

Maybe he doesn't use the 3D? or?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Turns out it doesnt work with ati in 3d as far as I can see. But I do have a 8800gts that would work it. Might just get it without the 3d kit, and all I would need is to buy a separate hdmi cable for hd?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Turns out it doesnt work with ati in 3d as far as I can see. But I do have a 8800gts that would work it. Might just get it without the 3d kit, and all I would need is to buy a separate hdmi cable for hd?

You will be fine using a DVI cable if its just for connecting to a PC as its zero difference picture wise from a HDMI cable. As for 120mhz monitors I went for an Acer GD245HQ and am very happy with it :)

• Advertisement

Thanks, I think I'm going to buy this monitor, and get the glasses and a good nvidiagfx card at a later date. I would sell my 4870 and i have a 8800gts to try out the 3d at first.

good card suggestion?

Thanks, I think I'm going to buy this monitor, and get the glasses and a good nvidiagfx card at a later date. I would sell my 4870 and i have a 8800gts to try out the 3d at first.

good card suggestion?

You'd probably want to get the GTX 560 at the very least. I got the GTX 580 for 3D Vision.

says here they should be fine?
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html

you buying the glasses too?

I've bought the monitor now, so much cheaper than other places.

says here they should be fine?
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-requirements.html

you buying the glasses too?

I've bought the monitor now, so much cheaper than other places.

Ya I'm getting the monitor & glasses, I was waiting all along for the Acer GN245HQbmid but when I say the deal at dabs I pulled the trigger but because they are in such a state I had to cancel the order (they were taking days to respond to each email). Since then the Acer GN245HQbmid was released, yesterday I think, so I placed an order with Amazon Germany for the monitor (includes the glasses) for 440 euro delivered couldn't help myself :p, good price considering an English company quoted 530 euro for the monitor.

With regards to the graphics cards, most will work but if you want high details with a good frame rate you'd need something like a GTX 560 or better for 3D @ 1080p. Some games take a big hit when 3D is enabled.

Love the look of your monitor! yep I will sell my ati card and get a good nvidia card, until then the old card will do for 3d movies or whatnot

• Advertisement

Love the look of your monitor! yep I will sell my ati card and get a good nvidia card, until then the old card will do for 3d movies or whatnot

There's a guy on adverts.ie selling the 3D Vision glasses, I've dealt with him before & he's trustworthy. You might get 'em cheap enough, assuming you didn't buy them along with the monitor

Thanks you've been very helpful! Will have a look at that, didn't buy them with it, second hand might be a great way to go

Advertisement