Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goggles4u 72 hour sale is back

• 04-05-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

goggles4u.com have their regular 72hour sale on. Got the email about 6pm.

Click on Share and Save on the left hand side of their homepage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks for the link.
    Have my old prescription here but due a new test.
    Edited to ask - If I go and get my eyes tested tomorrow what are the chances they will have the frames that I have added to my basket still in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Availed of. Got a pair of prescription sunglasses for €9 :-)
    (Which is just as well as I paid €30 for the pair I ordered from them last month, and when they arrived they looked kinda crap :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

cianclarke wrote: »
    Availed of. Got a pair of prescription sunglasses for €9 :-)
    (Which is just as well as I paid €30 for the pair I ordered from them last month, and when they arrived they looked kinda crap :D)

I was quiet happy with my new pair, then again I went for an expensive pair, I paid €6 for them :D
    Only wrote: »
    Thanks for the link.
    Have my old prescription here but due a new test.
    Edited to ask - If I go and get my eyes tested tomorrow what are the chances they will have the frames that I have added to my basket still in stock?

You should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ghall

Great! Need a new pair of prescription goggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Are they adding shipping to the total cost now?

I just tried adding glasses to cart, entered the coupon code but the checkout price shows $19.

Anyone else get the free shipping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

ordered on 22nd april and still no sign of specs.

Website says they were shipped but I am suprised that I didn't get an email to say they had been posted.

Is it normal for it to take this long for them to arrive ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

The take a good three weeks to arrive. I'm waiting on a replacement order made on the 19th as my last one arrived broken. Anyday now I'd say.

In fact they arrived this morning.

I only bought a pair of the cheapest frames just to try them out (cost about 10 euro incl postage).

Very impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

I am trying to add an address to my new account but Ireland is not selectable in the 'country' dropdown menu? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

Last 3 pairs I ordered took a good 3 weeks to arrive.
    2 of them were broken & 1 pair had wrong lenses (ie. you'd need to be -17+17 for them to be useful). Can't complain too much given their prices though, wearing a pair as I type

• Advertisement

livEwirE wrote: »
    I am trying to add an address to my new account but Ireland is not selectable in the 'country' dropdown menu? Any ideas?

Ya. I see what you mean alright. No sign of Ireland.

Register a second account I guess. Ireland can be selected when you are registering. Maybe editing the address(es) you already have on their system would also work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kildub

trevord, tazz, qwerty......how did you all order if ireland is not on shipping list. i'm on the site at the moment, asked the question and not getting any answers from live chat. also, is it cheaper to order from usa than uk?

kildub wrote: »
    trevord, tazz, qwerty......how did you all order if ireland is not on shipping list. i'm on the site at the moment, asked the question and not getting any answers from live chat. also, is it cheaper to order from usa than uk?

When I was registering on the site about 3 weeks ago I had no problem. Ireland was an option in the dropdown box and when I was ordering there was no probelm in putting in a second (work) address for delivery to Ireland.

I thought that the problem that cropped up today (for LivEwirE) with Ireland being unavilable was just for adding new addresses to an account that already existed.

Have you actually tried to register on the site ? If Ireland is not available as a country at the registration stage then something is up.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tried there, cant register Irish Address

did you register on uk or usa site. i am trying on usa site and it just takes a name and email for account sign in. then when i try to purchase ireland is not in the dropdown list of shipping destinations. never saw any other opportunity to put in my address. tried to do live chat twice earlier but as soon as i asked the question never got an answer. just on now and have just been told to use uk site. is this not more expensive as prices in sterling?

I went through the .com site last time. I was even on it there earlier and could get all the way to check out and would have paid is USD through paypal.

Dollar is very weak at the moment so it would not surprise me if USD price is cheaper than Sterling site prices.

Maybe they are now pushing new customers to use the UK site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭antomack

What's the story in relation to Customs? I have a high prescription so would work out at least €45 at the cheapest as I need to get the highest index.

If you order from uk site are you automatically covered for import or do they still come from US and thus still liable for import tax?

antomack wrote: »
    What's the story in relation to Customs? I have a high prescription so would work out at least €45 at the cheapest as I need to get the highest index.

If you order from uk site are you automatically covered for import or do they still come from US and thus still liable for import tax?

Not sure about customs issue. Certainly they won't bother with low value stuff. Maybe someone on here can comment whether a high value order was stopped

Besides that googles4u's set up seems to be super complicated.

The website says their lab is in the US. When you get the spec it appears that they are made in Pakistan! They will be posted to you from Belgium or Holland I think and the return address in the case of problems seems to be in the UK !!

So if they are posted from somewhere in the EU I am not even sure a customs issue arises.

did you register on uk or usa site. i am trying on usa site and it just takes a name and email for account sign in. then when i try to purchase ireland is not in the dropdown list of shipping destinations. never saw any other opportunity to put in my address. tried to do live chat twice earlier but as soon as i asked the question never got an answer. just on now and have just been told to use uk site. is this not more expensive as prices in sterling?

Looks like if you are in Ireland you can't buy form the US site anymore.:mad: I am getting redirected to the UK site and the prices are in £. Probably means that they won't be as cheap as when paying in US$ on the .com site.

the live chat assistant told me you can get a discount on uk site of £22, which wouldn't be too bad i suppose but i haven't tried it. still losin out though as uk prices are matching dollar for pound ie $4.99 and £4.99. bit of a difference when converted to euros.

• Advertisement

the live chat assistant told me you can get a discount on uk site of £22, which wouldn't be too bad i suppose but i haven't tried it. still losin out though as uk prices are matching dollar for pound ie $4.99 and £4.99. bit of a difference when converted to euros.

If dollar values become UK pound values on the site (which seems to be the case) then at current exchange rates the price through the UK site would be about 60% higher (before discounts are applied).

However, like you say they are doing significantly better discounts on the UK site compared with the US site, £22 discount on UK site = $35, whereas AFAIK the US site only does a $16 discount which is only about £10.

I priced the specs I got through the US site a few weeks ago which were $13.98 after discounts. Same frames come to £7.98 on the UK site after discounts. So that about the same really in euro terms from either site.

Looks like googles4u are still a bargain alert!

Got my glasses today from them and am delighted! Went to look for another pair but am getting the US site too - pity ... will probably still use them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Only wrote: »
    Got my glasses today from them and am delighted! Went to look for another pair but am getting the US site too - pity ... will probably still use them though

goggles4u.co.uk?

paddyp wrote: »
    goggles4u.co.uk?

Ah duh, that was meant to read I am getting the UK site:o ... still cheaper than buying here though I think so might still order from them

Advertisement