Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc Lagging/Freezin during game

• 04-05-2011 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Ok. so my problem is i use my pc for playing basic games. and recently it has started sort of freezing or lagging really badly when playing. more recent when something is loading i.e. loading new area etc. and just wondering if anyone might know what the problem is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

What are your system specs?
    What OS are you running?
    What games are lagging?
    What resolution are you gaming at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Specs:
    3gb Ram,
    9200 integrated graphics,
    has a triple core processor

is windows 7

Games:
    World of Warcraft

Resolution:
    1280x768 (wide)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Have you checked the Latency in WoW? Its quite possible its your internet connection and not your computer causing the issue.

Also try disable your av and other running programs and see does that help.

i doubt its the internet as the Latency is only 80ms

and by AV do you mean anti virus what would that do?

another thing thats making me think its the Pc is that when it freezes the music sortve repeats itself.... but it sometimes dose resolve itself if you hit the windows button but other times it will take longer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

Try turning the settings on the game to low, and see if that helps. I've played WoW on a single core with 512mb of RAM and a Radeon x600 graphics card and it ran relatively okay on low settings. If your computer can't handle it there could be any combinations of a number of problems: Overheating (try to install some cpu temperature monitoring software), if the lagging happens at specific areas in WoW it could relate to bad sectors on your hard drive where the data for that area is stored. I also recommend running Memtest86 to check that your RAM is okay.

the graphics settings on wow are down to low. theres no problems with latency or framerate.

what is memtest86?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

http://www.memtest86.com/

Freely downloadable software to check if your RAM is in healthy condition!

sorry for the questions but how do i know which one to download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

If you're asking that then you'll want this one: ISO image for creating bootable CD (Windows - zip)

You'll also want to download imgBurn so as to burn the .iso onto a disk.

After that it's fairly straight forward if I remember correctly.

Just to eliminate the possibilities go to start->run and type msconfig.exe then go to startup and disable any programs that you don't need, go then to services, hide all the microsoft services and again disable what you don't need.

If you're comfortable with services.msc then instead use that for changing the services as it gives greater flexibility than simply on/off settings.

With regards to the antivirus some of the active scanners can cause in game latency, try adding the install directory of WoW to it's exemption list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭portumnadaz

Don't mind all that rubbish. You are trying to run a game with 3d graphics without a graphics card.
    get yourself a new (not used) 1gb graphics card from ati (nvidia too expensive for what they are) dont go to a shop like maplins or pc world they will rob you blind for an ageing card.
    Buy online if you want a bargain. you will get a perfectly good card for less than 80 euros. ask people here to help you find one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Don't mind all that rubbish. You are trying to run a game with 3d graphics without a graphics card.
    get yourself a new (not used) 1gb graphics card from ati (nvidia too expensive for what they are) dont go to a shop like maplins or pc world they will rob you blind for an ageing card.
    Buy online if you want a bargain. you will get a perfectly good card for less than 80 euros. ask people here to help you find one.

Dont mind all that rubbish? Excuse me? Dont be so quick to rubbish everyone elses input.

The OP clearly stated its a new issue that only recently arose, it has not been the case since day one suggesting he played wow for quite some time without the issue. This implies that its NOT the graphics card unless the onboard one is giving up.

Advertisement