Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re is saving safe in an irish bank

Options
  • 04-05-2011 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Looking for some advice on where is safe to put my savings
    Can somebody tell me if Ireland defaults will a person with money in an Irish bank lose it?
    If it is in a foreign bank such as Ulster bank would you lose it? Or would Ulster bank or it parent royal bank of Scotland have to go bust before you lose your money
    Be great full for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 myview

I also need an answer to the above question. I'm worried sick about my savings in the Irish banks. I've searched all over the internet and read the Irish papers daily but nobody seems to know what the best thing to do is. Can somepne please advise. Incidentally, I contacted BOI to ask them how I would go about withdrawing my savings in full should I choose and they just keep ignoring me. Do I get a cheque and lodge in a newly opened foreign bank or can it be done through Banking 365? Can someone please advise? As I said I'm incredible stressed about this.

Advertisement