Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coopers ginger beer

Options
  • 04-05-2011 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Have any you ever tried the coopers ginger beer kit??

I did the non-alcoholic recipe > ferment for 3hrs and bottle for 3wks.

Well i just opened a bottle and there's a funny after-taste and smell from it, very off putting.:(

Did 24 bottles of the stuff, think i'll chuck em down the sink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I had the same problem with mine last year. But i made the alcholic version. I had the bad after taste, and it did put me off. But all i will say is that it got better with time! So give it a good few months! It didn't stop me from buying it again and i plan to give it another go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Just finished the alcoholic version of this ginger beer kit. I added 1 kg sugar and spraymalt light 500grm to it at the start and left it bottled for 2 weeks. It tastes delicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Why not make your own..its easy and the ingredients are cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Just finished the alcoholic version of this ginger beer kit. I added 1 kg sugar and spraymalt light 500grm to it at the start and left it bottled for 2 weeks. It tastes delicious.

I'm glad to hear it. I'm planning on starting a batch of it tomorrow, made with 1.5Kg Light Malt Extract. I'm going to boil some grated ginger stem in about a litre of water and add that, too. Hopefully I'll end up with a mid-strength ginger beer with some bite.

What kind of priming did you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Newtown Warrior

Sounds good! Keep me updated. I just used the coopers drops for the handiest sake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement