Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Summer 2011

Options

Comments

Lashing here in Lucan.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Seirous amount of rain in that group over Athboy, tried to contact my mate that lives up near there but no reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭highdef

Jake1 wrote: »
    Lashing here in Lucan.
    :D

was just about to say that another cell has also built up just south west of Leixlip and Celbridge. heading into lucan and off to Blanch. Another cell further south heading for Tallaght and west Dublin City. Indoors so not sure if they are developing still. Can you confirm Jake1?

highdef wrote: »
    There's a new cell that has popped up in the past few minutes around Blessington. Its trajectory is towards west Dublin at the moment. If it develops further, it could potentially turn into a humdinger....maybe even something similar to what central Meath is currently experiencing???

Heavy rain probably just, dont think it has enough time to grow to a thunderstorm... BUT HEAVY HEAVY rain shall do me! ha

highdef wrote: »
    was just about to say that another cell has also built up just south west of Leixlip and Celbridge. heading into lucan and off to Blanch. Another cell further south heading for Tallaght and west Dublin City. Indoors so not sure if they are developing still. Can you confirm Jake1?

Stopped here now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭highdef

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Heavy rain probably just, dont think it has enough time to grow to a thunderstorm... BUT HEAVY HEAVY rain shall do me! ha

Nothing compared to what's going on in north Central Meath anyway....that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Great job following the developments in Meath .... this is a heads up for later.

Conditions appear favourable for development of heavy and possibly severe storms late afternoon and evening hours in the Dublin region. The seeding for this development would be the cluster of heavy showers in west Munster at this hour, so would suggest people between Limerick and Dublin monitor the progress of this cluster which is supported by a developing cold front and upper level disturbance. The most intense phase of this should be around 7 to 10 p.m. as the showers and storms move through Kildare and Dublin.

Risk of hail and gusty winds with locally torrential downpours with this.

Meanwhile the already-active cells in Meath will move through Louth and Down in the next 2-3 hours. These appear to have potential for 30-40 mms torrential downpours locally and could cause some street or stream flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

there is a torrential downpour here in Shannon for the last half hour and no sign of it letting up

this sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Small hook echo over Westmeath or am i just having withdrawal symptoms? ha :rolleyes:
    164074.gif

Got some thunder from that one over Edenderry at that time. Might get some more later on by the looks of things.

Great job following the developments in Meath .... this is a heads up for later.

Conditions appear favourable for development of heavy and possibly severe storms late afternoon and evening hours in the Dublin region. The seeding for this development would be the cluster of heavy showers in west Munster at this hour, so would suggest people between Limerick and Dublin monitor the progress of this cluster which is supported by a developing cold front and upper level disturbance. The most intense phase of this should be around 7 to 10 p.m. as the showers and storms move through Kildare and Dublin.

Meanwhile the already-active cells in Meath will move through Louth and Down in the next 2-3 hours. These appear to have potential for 30-40 mms torrential downpours locally and could cause some street or stream flooding.

SUrely the outlook cant be THAT GOOD!?!...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I thought this was someone acting the mick until I saw the username!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bucketed down in leixlip earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

was caught out in ballyjamesduff today round 2 o clock walking out of a garage and greeted with thunder and lightning no camera at the ready back in dublin now and hope to catch some action if M T is correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

No thunderstorms here (West Laois), but wind picked up with fairly heavy rainfall for about 15 minutes as the front passed through. Radar shows more showers to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

A good bit of thunder for most of the afternoon here in Cavan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

No thunder here in NE Galway as usual but convection really kicking off now with a few showers breaking out within my horizon. Please please please..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

3 loud claps of thunder here about 20 minutes ago!

Heavy rain just kicking off now moving in over Lucan...

Cheers MT, looking forward to a decent nights weather :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Alot of what is heading into S.Dublin now is after passing over me in S.Kildare...Pure boring..Hope it peps up for you lot...Good luck. :)

• Advertisement

Very heavy rain now in Lucan, sky looks scary it's so dark...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

been lashing in d18 for a while - no thunder though unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just back from training in Zurich.

Was a lovely sunny day yesterday but then at 5pm the sky darkened and one mother of a lightning storm kicked off.

You can't beat the central european storms. I wanna go back cause they are forecast again today ! :pac:

t|nt|n wrote: »

Was a lovely sunny day yesterday but then at 5pm the sky darkened and one mother of a lightning storm kicked off.

You can't beat the central european storms. I wanna go back cause they are forecast again today ! :pac:

Wanna bet? :D

164198.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

t|nt|n wrote: »

Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Whats theb quickest way to get germany asap:)

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

lolie wrote: »
    Whats theb quickest way to get germany asap:)

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

Holy crap that thing is on STERoids! , its Mortoring east at some pace!

This might give a rumble or two, heading in my direction (West Laois) at the moment:

P1020064.jpg

Darwin wrote: »
    This might give a rumble or two, heading in my direction (West Laois) at the moment:

Great contrast there! ... at the moment though , on radar, it doesnt look much of a thundery one.

• Advertisement

Cheers Ian, I've seen the recent pics on your blog and they are just fantastic. Alas it was just a heavy shower. Some very unusual looking low level cloud which was swirling a bit before the rain arrived though.

Advertisement