Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Summer 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is that for real??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

darkman2 wrote: »
    The far south east of England could get walloped in the next hour or so.

Irritating. I arrived back from there yesterday. It was extremely warm and humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I have a couple of friends heading to Dover later this week. Two of the ladies are doing a channel swim! Has anyone any idea how long the storm is due to last?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Peter ( Trogdor) is heading to Laon in the france region today... sent him a lil update that he's in the level 2 estofex warning ! ha

Hopefully he gets something later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Really loud thunder above centre court at Wimbledon, the noise scared one of the players! Hilarious...

• Advertisement

WIMBLEDON , lots of rain and thunder now!, go turn it on everyone! BB1! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess

I was there yesterday. Bit annoyed to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

bring it to Ireland please

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'm in the centre of London. We had some good lightning around 1.30, it also got really dark. Its a little brighter now but the lightning has started again.

I was hoping this storm would be on the scale of one I saw in Iowa many years ago but not looking like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

jimmynokia wrote: »
    bring it to Ireland please

Not gonna happen!

Are we going to see any action?

Not gonna happen!

why not.

:mad: oh my god that look good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

why not.

Spanish Plume setups like these are far more common for Southern England than Ireland due to their proximity to a heated Central Europe etc...

Ireland just doesn't get exciting weather very often!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Ireland just doesn't get exciting weather very often!

We got more snow and lower temperatures than S.England in December which was the only time in my entire life that I can say our weather was more exciting than S.England.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Are we going to see any action?

As you have been told countless times in this thread in the last few day.......

NO THIS STORM IS COMING NOWHERE NEAR IRELAND AND THERE WAS NEVER ANY CHANCE IT WOULD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    As you have been told countless times in this thread in the last few day.......

NO THIS STORM IS COMING NOWHERE NEAR IRELAND AND THERE WAS NEVER ANY CHANCE IT WOULD!!!

lol.:)

Was talking, well txting mate in London, and ask him about the storm and he said something about a building on fire after been struck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

ALERT for severe storm potential in Monaghan, Cavan and south Fermanagh, spreading to Armagh, Down and Louth, now to 2030h. Risk of hail, local downpours and intense lightning. Watch for possible small tornado development with this cluster (very slight risk there).

(from me at the Boards weather forum ... will be posting to forecast thread)

• Advertisement

ALERT for severe storm potential in Monaghan, Cavan and south Fermanagh, spreading to Armagh, Down and Louth, now to 2030h. Risk of hail, local downpours and intense lightning. Watch for possible small tornado development with this cluster (very slight risk there).

Where the Feck has this come from? hahaha... :D

Bring it on bring on

Bring it on bring on

Dublin aint mentioned there pal... wouldnt really include louth even ... :(

ANYONE UP FOR A STORM CHASE?............ IN A HELICOPTER!? haha

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Dublin aint mentioned there pal... wouldnt really include louth even ... :(

ANYONE UP FOR A STORM CHASE?............ IN A HELICOPTER!? haha

we aint to far from cavan either bud:D
    any current sats going around

we aint to far from cavan either bud:D
    any current sats going around

Radar only looks good for the Armagh area...

wow, where did that come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

No activity showing up anywhere in Ireland at present but look at France and Belgium.

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page=1&subpage_3=3

Storm 10 wrote: »
    No activity showing up anywhere in Ireland at present but look at France and Belgium.

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page=1&subpage_3=3

Hopefully Peter got to see some of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

LOL pity only seeing this now... could have gone storm chasing instead of washing the floor!!!drat !Gonna need to install some sort of early warning siren that will alert me to vital posts on boards that might take president over housework :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thebiglewbowski

Im pretty sure our friend in laon was under that tonight. another gigantic storm over france, wow.

Advertisement