Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Summer 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

jimmynokia wrote: »
    where is HERE

just realised my location is gone . . .now how did that happen?!

Yup, it's kilkenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Now THAT'S what i call rain!:D
    Possible distant rumble but the rain is so loud i can't tell.

The sky & radar promised much but only light stuff falling over on this side of town : just 1mm in the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I think i may have captured a funnel cloud over my estate in Edenderry. Huge big clouds forming over the bog its gone very dark now, Hope to hear some thunder soon.

Dave338.jpg?t=1312730976

Dave341.jpg?t=1312731180

Dave342.jpg?t=1312731231

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

demakinz wrote: »
    I think i may have captured a funnel cloud over my estate in Edenderry. Huge big clouds forming over the bog its gone very dark now, Hope to hear some thunder soon.

Yep... certainly looks like one!

Fair play! :) ... ya can see it in the sky today that it looks like any could appear at any time! :)

The sky is so black just south of me but it doesn't seem to be moving at all, i can see it on the radar getting bigger and bigger but not moving much. its after getting very windy as well all of a sudden.

Delighted to see a funnel cloud, It was pure luck I was in the bedroom, the neighbours must think i am mad hanging out the top window standing on the bed with a phone taking pictures of the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Two strikes witnessed in the Nass/Newbridge area about 10 mins ago. Absolute beauty of a convergance zone has formed in north Kildare the skies have gone black here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Thunder and lightning here in Naas. Very dark outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Now THAT'S what i call rain!:D
    Possible distant rumble but the rain is so loud i can't tell.

Where bouts are ya Steve nothing here in strokestown today :( hoping for a few rumbles but not too hopeful

Derfil wrote: »
    Thunder and lightning here in Naas. Very dark outside.

Its coming my way! woo!... mite run down ask the bro to drive to a clearance for pictures! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Thunder near Maynooth. Finally. Sky is really dark.

• Advertisement

On the radar it looks like its stretching from Lucan to as far west as Tullamore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

djhaxman wrote: »
    Thunder near Maynooth. Finally. Sky is really dark.

Yep, tis dark alright, this pic is part of the same system.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

some powerful thunder rumbles in the midwest earlier today-and sheets of rain :D
    Sun is beating down now..would love some dramatic weather out in west Clare tomorrow!

Dave347.jpg?t=1312735221

Dave350.jpg

Gone very dark now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Beautiful dark clouds approaching home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The showers seem to have stalled? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

dsmythy wrote: »
    The showers seem to have stalled? :confused:

Sky still dark here, light rain, it had potential but as usual in this country, it failed to deliver.

Got some nice photos up near the airport , heres a panorama from my iphone, will upload a short timelapse and proper pictures after work ( doin a night shift 2nite :( )

169864.png

No thunder though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

One good clap this evening at around 18:45h near Riverstick Co. Cork... coming from due north.

Here is some pics facing West 30mins after the roll/clap.

NOTE: Ignore the blue ball 'in the sky'.... its just the way the camera was pressed against a wet window. The sunlight coming from the west played some funny tricks and created this 'ball'... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

CarMuppet wrote: »
    One good clap this evening at around 18:45h near Riverstick Co. Cork... coming from due north.

Here is some pics facing West 30mins after the roll/clap.

NOTE: Ignore the blue ball 'in the sky'.... its just the way the camera was pressed against a wet window. The sunlight coming from the west played some funny tricks and created this 'ball'... :)

You should have said nothing about the blue ball and posted over in the paranormal forum for the laugh:D... Nice pics by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

dexter647 wrote: »
    You should have said nothing about the blue ball and posted over in the paranormal forum for the laugh:D... Nice pics by the way

Or it could even have passed for ball lightning. Shouldn't have said anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Despite threatening looking skies for parts of the day, we're currently having our first bit of rain today, drizzle... again!

Some pics from today. No thunder as usual, seemed to have run out of steam by the time it reached Galway.

169874.JPG

169875.JPG

169876.JPG

At least this one produced a rainbow to finish the evening off
    169878.JPG
    From looking the pictures I think I need to somewhere with less houses. I'm surrounded!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Funnel cloud in your first pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Some pics from today. No thunder as usual, seemed to have run out of steam by the time it reached Galway.

At least this one produced a rainbow to finish the evening off

From looking the pictures I think I need to somewhere with less houses. I'm surrounded!

Looks like a funnel in your first pic

EDIT: Hal got there before me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heard one nice rumble of thunder yesterday myself.

Heres hoping for a more active August!

Hal1 wrote: »
    Funnel cloud in your first pic?

That's what i was trying capture but it wasn't that well defined to the naked eye, I'll have to check out the original and make sure it wasn't dirt on the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Some good pics of that one here, not far off being a tornado

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/news/storms/funnel-clouds-sighted-in-donegal-and-galway/30006.html

Nothing here all day as usual, still only one day all year I've heard any thunder and that was back in May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

according to this, there was flashes of lightening between 12 and 3 o clock yesterday in the south east, not once did i see any lightening or hear any thunder. :confused:

Advertisement