Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Summer 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Thunder and heavy hail here in Limerick at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LetFly

mental thunder and hail in Limerick alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Wow, yeah.. that was nuts!! And the Thunder is still going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Sun is shining in sandyford in dublin, and as i look out my window to the left of it, i see a cloud of rain coming this way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Thunders about every 30 sec to a minute here in Limerick still. Coming from the south east of here - i.e. towards Tipperary Town at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Hail from the Thunderstorm earlier. Excuse the format, I should have had the phone on landscape but I just grabbed it and rushed to record some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Wind is picking up from this shower thats about to pass through N Dublin now... sun gone bye bye...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Some serious clouds gathering over Swords. Wind has picked up dramatically. Pleassseeeee give me some action :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LetFly wrote: »
    mental thunder and hail in Limerick alright :D

The hail was very heavy today and it was unusually large as well.

The thunder was very cool though. Loud and forceful like Thor himself was putting on a show.

One of the peals set off a number of car alarms where I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

just seen a nice bit of fork lightning over howth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Not even enough to wet the ground here and I can see blue sky to the SW : It looked so good on the radar earlier:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Have just witnessed spray ring on water surface on Dublin Bay, but did not extend to funnel. Very clearly observed though binoculars, but no camera good enough to capture image.

Followed by thunder and now a beautiful if very low rainbow.

Update, now a double rainbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Thunder in Tullamore at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nearly a waterspout Tabnabs? any pics at all?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Hal1 wrote: »
    Nearly a waterspout Tabnabs? any pics at all?

Not a proper camera amongst the three of us, all iphone owners. Lucky I keep a good set of bins handy, with the view I have out over the Bay, it's well worth it. Looked very impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

those thunderstorms keep missing youghal:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Thunder nearing Castleblayney according to reports from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Not a proper camera amongst the three of us, all iphone owners. Lucky I keep a good set of bins handy, with the view I have out over the Bay, it's well worth it. Looked very impressive though.

u could've put the iphone to the binoculars ...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Very heavy hail and thunder and lightning here earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

anything in dublin yet heard on the news its mental in meath:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

V Impressive t-storm blew through Dundalk about an hour ago, plenty of strikes but it moved quickly. Mate of mine is down in Belfast and says it just started down there (same cell)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

My god, look at that lightning storm over Germany on sat24 !

lashing in cork, no mention of thunderstorms, any chance for youghal tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

No thunder in Edenderry today but got some lovely yellow/red Skies and a nice double rainbow, camera on the phone couldn't really pic up the other rainbow though:( you can kinda see it on the left.
    Dave378.jpg

Dave375.jpg

some seriously heavy downpours in youghal at the moment. was hoping for another night show like i got the last time.

hello some strikes on the wexford coast this morning. any one catch a glimpse?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Yet another heavy shower in Cork city, alas, no lightning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

just got it here...

was sunny this morning , for once !!

then a serious downpour only lasting for about 20 mins , but there was some serious thunder along with it..
    looks to be movin off in the kilkenny direction.

i havent actually heard or seen any thunder and lightning around here in a few years... in night or day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

South coast could see a nice bit of action today, Cork especially. Saw or heard nothing this morning was up late.

Would you believe i've yet to hear one rumble of thunder this summer, Could it all change today? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Few claps of thunder in Ennis in the past 20min with a brief heavy shower.

Advertisement