Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Summer 2011

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Rumble in the jungle here in bray naw.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Harekin wrote: »

Yeah moving away to my SE so should be heading Bray way alright.

Have heard 13 rumbles of thunder so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I haven't seen a night time Thunderstorm in years.. Are those rarer in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Hifiman

Harekin wrote: »

Was goiing to go to the Bryan Ferry concert in Bray tonight but it looks like I'd need a Ferry to get there, judging by the floods here in Cabinteely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

I haven't seen a night time Thunderstorm in years.. Are those rarer in Ireland?

I was wondering about that also..most of our thunderstorms happen in the afternoon and evening and die away come sunset.
    So whats the difference between these storms..I reckon it has to be alot warmer and humid to get the night thunderstorms as opposed to the cool days with sunshine convection thunderstorms we are getting this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

In Carrickmines...the thunderstorm that yous sighted in Dublin earlier was right above me...tried to film the fork and flash lightening but was too above my house...the roof was in the way & the rain was so heavy I wasnt going to lean out the window...serious amount of rain fell! The Thunder was obviously very loud too...loved it! The fork lightening from what I could see didnt hit the ground but went horizontal across the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Apparantly they're getting a thunder, lightening and hail fest in Liverpool tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

eigrod wrote: »
    Apparantly they're getting a thunder, lightening and hail fest in Liverpool tonight.

Must be the same storm that was over Dublin earlier! Hope we get more storms like the one today but not next week as have electric picnic to worry about!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

bb1234567 wrote: »
    really heavy rain and hail here in dublin, heard a few rumbles of thunder 2:)
    where in Dublin? I've measured TWO millimeters in my gauge over the past three days. My garden is so dry I had to water it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

where in Dublin? I've measured TWO millimeters in my gauge over the past three days. My garden is so dry I had to water it tonight.
    im up the road from you Elmer & have to say it bucketed down with showers last two days here especially today,however i was down in Santry for a while today & got nothing but on the way home could make out that there must of been heavy rain,thats the weather for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'm in London all week and already I've seen more thunder and lightening in the past 12 hours than I saw in 8 months back in donegal! Prolonged torrential rain earlier with flash flooding and plenty of lightning. Finally some interesting weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

jimmynokia wrote: »
    twisters in cork today
    That footage looks to me to be a dust devil - a normal thermal updraft that just happens to be nicely visible because it's passing over a freshly cut field with lots of light material to lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Must say cork was very quiet today.
    Dont think there was any showers around let alone twisters.
    Which if is the case what are rte reporting tripe for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Must say cork was very quiet today.
    Dont think there was any showers around let alone twisters.
    Which if is the case what are rte reporting tripe for

There's a vid on the website, probably not a cat 5, but rotation all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Watched the video, definitely just a dust devil! Whats next, reporting crisp packets swirling around as a killer twister?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ether way, that's pretty sweet. :D

Advertisement