Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my diy pondless waterfall

Options
  • 04-05-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

hi ,some photos of my pondless waterfall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi more photos of my pondless waterfall

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭casey junior

A lovely garden destroyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I think that's a bit harsh...
    While I'd like a bit more planting to soften the stone I'd say the sound is quite relaxing and would help drown out any nearby traffic noise if there was any..

Remember a garden is a living changing entity and not a museum or a painting that's done and then left as is...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I think it will look really well when there is some growth around the back of it, at the minute it looks a bit out of place, sticking up in the middle of the garden.

how exactly does it work? is the pump in some kind of chamber buried amongst the stones at the bottom, or is there some kind of false bottom that the stones are sitting on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sorry OP but its an utter eyesore..maybe plant trees or somethinng around it to screen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Not at all, less mowing to do, nice one OP. I'm not a big fan of the loose stones as it still looks unfinished. If you patioed (if there is such a word) around the area and also smoothed out the inside of the waterfall with slate - just an idea.

Well done though, hopefully you'll get sunshiney weather to sit by it and sip cool beers (although the sound of it will have you running to the jacks every ten minutes :D )

hi all,thanks for your comments,i take them on board.prospect,this pondless waterfall was built to hide the septic tank,which was a eye sore.it works with water flowing into a bason which is lined with pond liner,and filled with 2inch round stone,a pump pumps water from the bason to the waterfall. yours ponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Ponddigger what type pump did you use?

hi lucyl.i used a sump pump , cost 100eurosfrom my local co op store. yours ponddigger;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It'll be nice once you've planted it up a bit. It must be a great place to sit out and get some sun.

• Advertisement

hi kylith ,lovely place to sit out the sound of running is so lovely. yours ponddigger:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I'm guessing the pond only fills up to the top when you turn off the pump?
    And you filled most of it in for safety of kids.

hi recedite,this is a pondless waterfall.water is never showm in the bason.you could ad a pond later ,when he kids grow up .yours ponddigger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

hi
    i like the idea and i think a bit more planting around it would really set it off,

also what happens here if you have to access your septic tank?

hi sponge bob. advice taken on the planting.can still get the septic tank cleaned out just shift one flag stone. yours ponddigger:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 the spout

hi ponddigger.love your work .like one of thoes pondless in my garden some time bill

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Degsy wrote: »
    Sorry OP but its an utter eyesore..maybe plant trees or somethinng around it to screen it.

The ESB poles are an utter eyesore.

Advertisement