Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 red light and E73 Message

• 04-05-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Just turned on my xbox and have 1 red light and an E73 message. I bought the console 2nd hand about a year ago so don't have warranty. Anyone know anywhere reliable to get it fixed. Also does Microsoft do out of warranty repairs and how much this would cost. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Just turned on my xbox and have 1 red light and an E73 message. I bought the console 2nd hand about a year ago so don't have warranty. Anyone know anywhere reliable to get it fixed. Also does Microsoft do out of warranty repairs and how much this would cost. Thanks

MS do do out of warranty repairs, if I remember correctly it's generally around €120 including shipping.

Have you tried making sure all the cables are securely attached? If it's an arcade model, try starting it without the hard drive. If it works then, re-format your drive.

Here's a link on the error codes http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mk ultra01

take out the hdd and put it back i've gotten that code afew times and my xbox is perfectly fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 FiFi01

You're looking at €99 to get that done what part of the country are you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

You're looking at €99 to get that done what part of the country are you.

Just reminding you that giving advice and recommendations are appreciated and welcome, blatantly advertising your business here isn't ;)

I appreciate you are newly registered but there's no excuse for not reading the forum charter. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=226487

May I suggest using the PM service.

Also, wolfboy, should you avail of Fix It Fridays services, can you post up your experience, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

your going to need it professionally reflowed or reballed
    if you get it fixed by a third paty make sure they are using a bga rework station.
    If there not your only wasting our own time and money.
    There are alot of cowboy repairs with a heatgun etc. which do way more damage than good
    I wouldn't pay more than €45 for a reflow or €70 for a reball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Softair

happened a few times to me, just turn off your xbox, disconnect every wire including your hard drive, then reassemble. Should work fine after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Consolepros

your going to need it professionally reflowed or reballed
    if you get it fixed by a third paty make sure they are using a bga rework station.
    If there not your only wasting our own time and money.
    There are alot of cowboy repairs with a heatgun etc. which do way more damage than good
    I wouldn't pay more than €45 for a reflow or €70 for a reball

I second this we have repaired lots with this error code :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Just got this issue sorted. I was able to use my friends insurance to replace my xbox and get a previously fixed one. Pretty sweet because I didn't have to pay a cent.:D

Advertisement