Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ask.com pain in the ......

• 04-05-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Im currently running Firefox 4 on windows 7. i accidently downloaded a tool bar. the bar is joined with ASK.com

My problem is when i search something ask is the default engine. I dont want this as i am a big Google head does anybody know how to put it back to normal.

Google was originally the default engine but is now being held hostage by ask.com who seem to think they have won my customer services. and its really annoying cause i cant search anything. This is why i stick to chrome. ha ha.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

In the search box next to the address bar, there's a dropdown menu next to the search engine icon. Press this and choose manage search engines. Change it as you want in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

THat doesnt solve the problem even deleted ask.com from that no joy. thing just wants to over ride the computer. take over the world.

You know when you type a word in the the http section. when you serch google should come up with a list of things saying couldnt find it or corrct the problem or loads of websites but intead its just ask.com with their webpage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Uninstall it via the control panel? Or use revo uninstaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Revo uninstaller, add/remove programs in the control panel or go to your add ons on firefox and remove the toolbar from there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Type about:config in Firefox (if you doing it for the first time, you may have to promise you are going to be careful)
    Search for keyword.url from the filter box.
    Double click on this entry. It will open a dialog where you can edit the ‘keyword.url’ string.
    Change this string to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=

• Advertisement

Type about:config in Firefox (if you doing it for the first time, you may have to promise you are going to be careful)
    Search for keyword.url from the filter box.
    Double click on this entry. It will open a dialog where you can edit the ‘keyword.url’ string.
    Change this string to http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=

You my friend are a legend. Thank you. :D. id hug you but dont know where you are . ha ha lol:p

Can i get this Closed Please and Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No need. We don't close threads just because they reach a natural conclusion.

No need. We don't close threads just because they reach a natural conclusion.

How come that is? Like would it not free up server space to vanish it so that new posts can be made. but okie dokie. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How come that is? Like would it not free up server space to vanish it so that new posts can be made. but okie dokie. thanks

They are left there so as other poor souls searching for a fix in the future can find the solution too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

They are left there so as other poor souls searching for a fix in the future can find the solution too.

Yes but the answer(for me, related to this topic) was given . So to stop more people coming on confusing the thread would been better to close it at the answer. like say if this vanishes into the mists of boards and is opened in 2yrs. whos to say it wont be a zombie thread.. anyway no need to reply. im takin it off my orange thingy in the corner. but i do see where your coming from.

Advertisement