Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pricing guide for tattoo?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

is there anywhere online you can get a rough pricing guide for tattoos?

i really want one, but money is the gaiting factor stopping me right now.

i'd like to get a feel for how much certain types of tattoos cost so that i can start planning & saving.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

100-120 e an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

ive a guy with a lot of experience . does exelent cover ups and shading tatts... he comes to my home 80e an hour or price if a big job...
    over heads in parlours are a part of the pricing , and living in dublin too... i saw a guy in derry did tatts pretty reasonable .. i was up at a football game , but genrelaly dublin , pretty expencive compaired to uk towns etc...

anyone got any white tatts?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

irishjay wrote: »
    ive a guy with a lot of experience . does exelent cover ups and shading tatts... he comes to my home 80e an hour or price if a big job...
    over heads in parlours are a part of the pricing , and living in dublin too... i saw a guy in derry did tatts pretty reasonable .. i was up at a football game , but genrelaly dublin , pretty expencive compaired to uk towns etc...

anyone got any white tatts?:D
    Rediculous as it'll never be as clean as a parlour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Depends on the artist/shop

The artist thats currently working on my 1/2 sleeve is charging 250 per session for black & grey or 300 for color (Sessions have been between 3 & 6 hours).

JMD's in waterford charged 120 per hour when i was getting the other arm done

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Someone that comes to your home to tattoo you is not someone I would allow near my skin with a needle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

Rediculous as it'll never be as clean as a parlour.
    i beg to differ .........

ive seen some really sleezy parlours in my time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

thanks for the feedback , but I have no real idea how much would get covered in an hour.

how much would this cost for example :

search%3Fq%3Dpolynesian%2Bfish%2Btattoo%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-ie:IE-Address%26rlz%3D1I7ADRA_en%26biw%3D1419%26bih%3D782%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=130&vpy=412&dur=964&hovh=259&hovw=194&tx=106&ty=172&page=1&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:24,s:0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

If it's a good reputable place, then it's usually like €70-100 minimum depending on the size/detail/color and time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

derv wrote: »

I reckon thats a €500 - €600 job depending on the studio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 finneran2000

Elbow wrote: »
    Depends on the artist/shop

The artist thats currently working on my 1/2 sleeve is charging 250 per session for black & grey or 300 for color (Sessions have been between 3 & 6 hours).

JMD's in waterford charged 120 per hour when i was getting the other arm done

How much is the 1/2 sleeve costing u in total ??is it lower or upper arm ??

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Anything over 100 p/h is a Dublin price and your only paying for their overheads.... My last tattoo was finishing my leg and I got it finished in Swineline in Waterford, a 7.5 hour tattoo in 2 sessions was €450, €60p/h. That wasn't even including the time for freehanding about 60% of it before hand which took about an hour, that was free :)
    Well worth the drive down there from Meath and its a shop where you really better be ready to enjoy the day :)

I'll find a pic or two if anyone wants to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johndeniel

Time consumption during the tattoos making process is basic factor for deciding the cost of a tattoo. The lower cost varies from $40 to $50. Color, placement and size are the factors that decide the cost of your tattoo.

Advertisement