Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have Action Replay for the PS2?

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

I want to softmod my old PS2 Slim to play avi files for my GF from her 1TB external HDD via USB, and it seems possible anyway, but all tutorials lead me to need a chip or AR. is there any way to do this without buying hardware? all threads ive read on the subject are pre-2007 era. surely someone's come up with an easy way?

im in luck so far, because the model number is: SCPH-75003
    which appears to be pre- unhackableBIOS update anyway.

anyone mind lending me AR? or got any advice for me?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

If you mail me a memory card and an envelope to send it back in I can install freemcboot for you. You'll need to wait a few weeks till I'm finished exams though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

You're an absolute Hero in the making. you'd be saving me a load of trouble.

I have 2 memory cards: an 8mb Sony magicGate OEM and a 3rd party "Max Memory" 16mb card. from what im reading, you'd need the OEM card? is this still the case? is there any benefit to using a 16mb card over an 8mb card?

i got a workaround to using Action Replay, but i'd need 007 Agent Under Fire (Black Label) edition lol, which i obviously dont have...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Don't know, probably best to use the real one. You can get more at CEX in dublin for a fiver, and the cash converters usually have them for about 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    You're an absolute Hero in the making. you'd be saving me a load of trouble.

I have 2 memory cards: an 8mb Sony magicGate OEM and a 3rd party "Max Memory" 16mb card. from what im reading, you'd need the OEM card? is this still the case? is there any benefit to using a 16mb card over an 8mb card?

i got a workaround to using Action Replay, but i'd need 007 Agent Under Fire (Black Label) edition lol, which i obviously dont have...

Originaly it was recomended to use an OEM card, but i dont think its as important anymore, I have definitly installed on 3rd party cards.

Is there any advantage to the 16mb ... not really, all the apps you need only take up about 3mb anyways.

Advertisement