Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 months on and speed and ping issues still no help from eircom!

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

im having problems for months everytime i ring eircom they claim its my fault and nothing to do with eircom because theres 7 meg reaching the router, im paying sky high prices and am not getting what im paying for so it in other words im being robbed out of my money.

i go through the usual bull, first eircom claim some other devices are on my network when theres only 1 laptop and xbox in the house 99 per cent of the time then i change passwords, then they blame wireless, then i reset the modem its still the same eventually they keep you on the phone until your speed goes back up and then bang they think the problem is fixed but only the exact same thing to happen the next day and so on and on.

im also on 7 meg have been trying to get my issue resolved for the last 4 months and eircom still refuse to send out a technician because there's 7 meg going to the router.

and yes i know about eircom speed tests over speedtest.net but you cant copy the eircom speed test meter.

1281703444.png
    dont even get me started on the really high ping rates, half of eircom dont even know or understand about ping.

iv contacted one of your Representatives through pm before and he simply replied he cannot help me after looking into it which isnt good enough.

i want this problem solved this time can you help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

im having problems for months everytime i ring eircom they claim its my fault and nothing to do with eircom because theres 7 meg reaching the router, im paying sky high prices and am not getting what im paying for so it in other words im being robbed out of my money.

i go through the usual bull, first eircom claim some other devices are on my network when theres only 1 laptop and xbox in the house 99 per cent of the time then i change passwords, then they blame wireless, then i reset the modem its still the same eventually they keep you on the phone until your speed goes back up and then bang they think the problem is fixed but only the exact same thing to happen the next day and so on and on.

im also on 7 meg have been trying to get my issue resolved for the last 4 months and eircom still refuse to send out a technician because there's 7 meg going to the router.

and yes i know about eircom speed tests over speedtest.net but you cant copy the eircom speed test meter.

1281703444.png
    dont even get me started on the really high ping rates, half of eircom dont even know or understand about ping.

iv contacted one of your Representatives through pm before and he simply replied he cannot help me after looking into it which isnt good enough.

Disable the wireless on your router, connect via ethernet and load your computer into safe mode with networking.

Run that test again. If the results remain the same as above then an engineer would need to check the throughput at the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

1281703444.png

Hi mufcboy1999,

Thanks for your query and apologies for delay responding.

I've checked your broadband connection and can see that you are getting consistent intermittent disconnections /sync.

Intermittent sync can be caused by interferrence on the internal wiriing system. In order to rule out this possibility, can you please try a quick check :

* Powercycle the modem:
    Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    Wait 30 seconds
    Switch the modem back On
    Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

* Disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket. Test the connection speed again.

Also could you please try the following quick broadband Checklist :

BELOW IS A 6 POINT CHECKLIST - WHICH WILL HELP YOU TEST YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION
    =============================================================================

 1. CHECK WHAT LIGHTS ARE ON THE MODEM /ROUTER - Power -Green Light?
     2 RESTART THE MODEM - Turn the modem off and on again .. .. .. ….
     3 REMOVE THE ADSL SPLITTER FROM THE PHONE SOCKET; remove the adsl adaptor
     4 USE ONLY THE DSL CABLE (RJ11) CONNECTED TO THE MODEM /ROUTER; this cable is normally coloured purple or black or grey.
     5 DISCONNECT ANY LONG EXTENSION PHONECABLE – Private phoneleads
     6 TEMPORARILY DISCONNECT ANY THIRD PARTY EQUIPMENT - Remove Sky (box/s), Fax from the Intenal wiring /phoneline.
    Once you have done this then -
    PLEASE TEST THE MODEM (ROUTER) DIRECTLY ON THE MAIN PHONE SOCKET (MDP)

(**The MDP (Master phone Socket) is usually found just inside the hallway or front of your house; or the first point of entry for the phoneline to the premises)

Once you have done this, please try to connect just one computer across to your modem. Please make sure that you shut down completely your third party Games Console (Xbox) and try a speed test again.

If you are still getting intermittent connections / or intemittent sync, I can escalate a call to eircom Technical Support.

If you do not agree to a call out charge if the fault is found to be a non-eircom issue, then I will ask the engineer to check only outside your premisies. This way you will not be charged for any call out. The engineer will simply check everything outside your house, including the steet cabinets, poles, and local exchange. The engineer will not enter your premises and will fix any faults found outside.

Let me know if you need further assistance or please call Broadband Technical Support directly ;

eircom Broadband Support - 1890 260260 (lowcall) (Opening hours : 08:00 - 22:00)

Kind regards
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

il be back home monday and il try all the options above and let ye know how i get on.

thanks

Advertisement