Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leg aches and cramps

• 04-05-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Oh Janey, I remember it well. I had it on both of mine, more on my second though. The one think I found helpful was warmth. I had warm (not hot) wet clothes wrapped around them, and I found that hot water bottles (not hot, more warm) were useful too. I still got the cramps, but it eased the discomfort of the cramps.

I might not help her, but it's worth a shot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Get her to start drinking tonic water. That should help too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Get her to start drinking tonic water. That should help too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's a great tip! How could I have forgotten that one? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It's the quinine! I totally forgot I drank it too (on number 2). Just shows ya how quickly you forget!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Don't stretch your legs out too much, the second the toes are pointed the leg crams begin, get her to do gentle leg exercises, (like you would do on a long haul flight on a place) keep the leg and foot at an L shape, dont arch the foot and point the toes.

* massage your wife's lower legs and feet and put something under her feet to keep them elevated.

Advertisement