Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB ports not working?

• 04-05-2011 10:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

My USB ports has stopped working properly, this evening I inserted a USB stick and copied 4GB of Data across, I later connected my External Hard drive to dump some files to it, the file was an 8GB file and the transfer seemed to time out at about 33% of the way. Pulled it out and reconnected and the computer then won't see the hard drive, am having the same problem with a USB stick, tried all ports including on the rear and its the same story.

It was working fine all along, it took one of the stupid windows updates last evening, I let it run and it installed them 1-4 and then shutdown, again after shutting down it went for the updates 1-4 and hung there for an hour trying to install them, so I pulled the plug as those things are such a pain in the arse.

Will I have to reformat or does it sound like a hardware issue?

Win7 64 bit Medion 4GB RAM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

You could always try a system restore back a couple of days if you have it enabled.
    Also check in Device manager/Universal serial bus controllers to see if any of them have any icons like exclamation marks beside them.If they do you will need to re-install the drivers for them.

Advertisement