Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impressed with HD!

• 04-05-2011 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum and please move it if there is a more appropriate forum.

Tonight was the first time i've ever really noticed a big difference in HD and surprising enough it was the Nicole Scherzinger video that's out now called don't hold my breath. I'm used to seeing the video because my baby girl loves listening to it but it was on earlier on mtv hd and I was looking at it thinking god that video looks different and then i realised how crystal clear it was, it literally looked like she was in the room with us.

I have sky movies and sports and have watched blu ray dvds and never really noticed the quality but that video showed the HD off perfectly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭threeleggedhors

As Homer Simpson said on going back to normal TV "I might as well rub dirt in my eyes" ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,212 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I don't own a BR player, but find it hard to believe you have watched Blu Ray films before and didn't notice any improvement in picture quality.

Anytime I see a BR film in the likes of Currys being used as a demo, the quality is usually excellent.

You mention Sky Movies and Sports and hint that they aren't good either. Are you sure they are the HD versions? Because again Sky tend to get good reviews for the quality of their HD service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Sorry I meant it was the first time i'd noticed a big difference. The OH loves HD, he's always saying to me about how brilliant such and such a thing looks on it but to me it's just 'meh'.
    He plays the ps3 and some of those games do look very good in HD but I wouldn't be too bothered if there was no HD ever again if you know what I mean.

We use the ps3 as a Bluray player and yea I thought the films looked good but I just never saw what the fuss was about but this video literally blew me away how clear it was and weird it looked compared to the standard version!

Oh and even the OH who raves about HD thought the quality of that video was amazing compared to the usual programmes on HD.

Tayla wrote: »
    Sorry I meant it was the first time i'd noticed a big difference. The OH loves HD, he's always saying to me about how brilliant such and such a thing looks on it but to me it's just 'meh'.
    He plays the ps3 and some of those games do look very good in HD but I wouldn't be too bothered if there was no HD ever again if you know what I mean.

We use the ps3 as a Bluray player and yea I thought the films looked good but I just never saw what the fuss was about but this video literally blew me away how clear it was and weird it looked compared to the standard version!

Oh and even the OH who raves about HD thought the quality of that video was amazing compared to the usual programmes on HD.

Wouldn't have anything to do with Nicole in the video would it?;)

NIMAN wrote: »
    Wouldn't have anything to do with Nicole in the video would it?;)

:) He actually hates when I have the video on for the little one cos it's been on so much..........but actually after seeing her in HD myself I think I am a little bit in love with her myself :)

• Advertisement

Maybe thats why you're up so late. Switch the TV off and go to bed.

Actually I wasnt up late watching television but that's not really relevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Yea MTV HD pq is pretty good alright as is Sky Sports. But the big thing for me is the sound via surround sound. It is so much better than SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

But the big thing for me is the sound via surround sound. It is so much better than SD.
    only if you use the optical out. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

John mac wrote: »
    only if you use the optical out. ;)

which I do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

II find it hard to believe you wouldnt have noticed the difference before the picture quality is amazing on blu ray look at hancock on blu ray it was the first blu ray i bought and was blown away so was everyone i showed it to.On skyhd if you really want to notice the differance wait till theres a newish two and a half men etc on comedy central hd then flick back and forth between comedy central standard you should see what all the fuss is about then.

When you get used to looking at it you begin to forget how much a differance there really is.

II find it hard to believe you wouldnt have noticed the difference before
    Well I hardly just made it up just so I could start a thread about it, as I said that music video was the first time i've genuinely been impressed with HD.

I do agree that sound quality is excellent although we do not have our surround sound set up, i've listened to the sound of certain games through my OH'S gaming headset and the sound is amazing!

Advertisement