Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chain rub on front meach is this normal ?

• 04-05-2011 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I have a 52/39 and and 10 rings on the rear casette. Dura on the rear meach and ultegra chainset I know they intergrate, but I am having this problem all the time when I shift up to the 52 and then to the 10/9 and slightly on the 8th ring
    (So Im making the 10th ring pshyically the largest ring for agurments sake,and so on ) I get the chain rubbing on the inside of the front mech I use the 52 most of the time now and the chatter its driving me nuts the bike shop said this is normal and i should just gear down as the meach cannot accomadate the 2 extremes, ie 10 and 1 rear rings ? is this normal,

please boardsies gimme your best

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

That is normal. Crossing the chain is best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

What front mech and shifters are you using? It should be possible to adjust the front mech so the chain doesnt rub I only just finished doing it on a full Dura ace groupset! It will still make noise though as crossing over the gears isnt the best idea, itll wear your chain out much quicker than if you used your smaller ring, the left hand shifter should have some kind of trim to allow half shifts, it depends what shifter it is for instance Dura ace only has trim on the small ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

Yeah i get your drift ,sorry I m a newbie to boards I looked at some old threads about this (should have looked first I suppose) most people agree it cannot be helped and you can trim down on the fly witch helps a bit but its an issue, I agree it should not happen I can garantee that when you buy a bike they dont say..... by the way watch the chain rub on OUR mech ? when you gear up,you would think it could be resolved with all the tech available ,cancellera on a TT probably 55/ small ring 80km, chain rub ...............me bolloxs homies

Advertisement