Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick senior interview

• 04-05-2011 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey guys.i have an interview for a course in limerick senior(print journalism) and was wondering does anyone know what kind of things they would be asking?! i know i have to bring examples of my writing with me(again dont know how many examples exactly either?!)
    any help would be appreciated
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Hey, when I applied there a few years back my interview was farely straight forward. From what I remember they asked why I wanted to do the course and have I had any experience with the subject in the past. They are usually really nice and they dont push you in the interviews, there very laid back so don't worry too much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just finished that course :D interview is fine they just ask you about why you want to do it and if you have written anything before (not essential but will help) If you have had something published bring it with you, plus your last exam results.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Limericks wrote: »
    Hey, when I applied there a few years back my interview was farely straight forward. From what I remember they asked why I wanted to do the course and have I had any experience with the subject in the past. They are usually really nice and they dont push you in the interviews, there very laid back so don't worry too much :)

they dont keep you too long do they? you didnt apply for the course i am did you cuz itd be handy to know how many things to have written for them
    :)

Just finished that course :D interview is fine they just ask you about why you want to do it and if you have written anything before (not essential but will help) If you have had something published bring it with you, plus your last exam results.

how was it??given i havent had anything published before will i just bring along some stuff iv written with the interview in mind?and last exam results,i have an ordinary degree from LIT,do i just bring that with me or the actual results?
    sorry bout all the q's ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Might I respectfully suggest that you run a spellcheck on whatever "stuff" you plan to bring along? ;)

• Advertisement

you wha? wrote: »
    how was it??given i havent had anything published before will i just bring along some stuff iv written with the interview in mind?and last exam results,i have an ordinary degree from LIT,do i just bring that with me or the actual results?
    sorry bout all the q's ha

I had with me a photocopy of the cert i got from Tralee IT and my Leaving results. Bring a few pieces you have written it can't do any harm. In Feb they had 2500 applications and they only have around 1000 places so places are limited so anything that sets you apart will be good.

The interview is very relaxed just a chat for 5-10mins mainly to see you are serious and not scarred of doing long hours/work.

The course was ok very broad takes in Photoshop, Word, Adobe audition (radio), then writing skills, editing skills, politics, law, media ethics etc Very broad probably too many modules and tons of assignments but start them early and the work never really piles up. Course only lasts around 6 months too.

I had with me a photocopy of the cert i got from Tralee IT and my Leaving results. Bring a few pieces you have written it can't do any harm. In Feb they had 2500 applications and they only have around 1000 places so places are limited so anything that sets you apart will be good.

The interview is very relaxed just a chat for 5-10mins mainly to see you are serious and not scarred of doing long hours/work.

The course was ok very broad takes in Photoshop, Word, Adobe audition (radio), then writing skills, editing skills, politics, law, media ethics etc Very broad probably too many modules and tons of assignments but start them early and the work never really piles up. Course only lasts around 6 months too.

Only lasts around 6 months?!i thought it was a year long?! did you have to get work experience too? holy crap, thats a lot of applicants.heres hoping i impress enough to get in like you did :)

peckerhead wrote: »
    Might I respectfully suggest that you run a spellcheck on whatever "stuff" you plan to bring along? ;)

hilarious!

Only lasts around 6 months?!i thought it was a year long?! did you have to get work experience too? holy crap, thats a lot of applicants.heres hoping i impress enough to get in like you did :)

Well 7 months now i think about it. Started i think around the 13th of September and was finished by 15th of April. Xmas break and Mid terms take up around 5 or 6 weeks too.

You do 2 weeks work exp. you need to find that yourself. The post and Live 95 take people but get in early once you get the course.

Well 7 months now i think about it. Started i think around the 13th of September and was finished by 15th of April. Xmas break and Mid terms take up around 5 or 6 weeks too.

You do 2 weeks work exp. you need to find that yourself. The post and Live 95 take people but get in early once you get the course.

oh really?i thought you did 4days a week in college then 1 day work experience in the week.dont know why i thought that lol when do you do the work experience?sorry about ALL the questions but major CHEERS for answering them :)

• Advertisement

oh really?i thought you did 4days a week in college then 1 day work experience in the week.dont know why i thought that lol when do you do the work experience?sorry about ALL the questions but major CHEERS for answering them :)

No probs ;)

This year we had classes mon- thursday Friday was a day off to "Study" :D

You do the Work exp. in February around the 14-15th for two weeks. But you can use the Fridays if the work exp place doesn't mind to build up your 10 days.

No probs ;)

This year we had classes mon- thursday Friday was a day off to "Study" :D

You do the Work exp. in February around the 14-15th for two weeks. But you can use the Fridays if the work exp place doesn't mind to build up your 10 days.

ha,study friday...i love it :P

oh right,that sounds handy.you mind me asking where you did yours?im thinking of asking the post or L.E.G maybe...plenty of time yet to think about it shur :)

ha,study friday...i love it :P

oh right,that sounds handy.you mind me asking where you did yours?im thinking of asking the post or L.E.G maybe...plenty of time yet to think about it shur :)

Did a week with Live 95 and a week with Ireland353 in Castletroy

Advertisement