Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I pick up a replacement magnetic contact in Dublin (or online)

Options
  • 04-05-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Sorry if it's been asked before, a quick search turned up nothing, maybe I didn't know the correct terms to search for.

Due to a few hard bangs closed of our sliding patio door, a magnetic contact got bashed and broken off its screws. The wired part is on the door frame and was not damaged, it's just that the magnet/contact attached to the door came off. It's a white cuboid that appears to be about 1cm x 1cm x 6cm and I've seen them this shape and size everywhere (sometimes with more rounded edges) so it must be pretty standard, or can any old one be stuck up?

Where can I pick up a replacement in Dublin or online? I don't mind paying for the wired bit too, or a set of 10 or whatever (I can stick what I don't need in my man drawer).

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

MrDerp wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry if it's been asked before, a quick search turned up nothing, maybe I didn't know the correct terms to search for.

Due to a few hard bangs closed of our sliding patio door, a magnetic contact got bashed and broken off its screws. The wired part is on the door frame and was not damaged, it's just that the magnet/contact attached to the door came off. It's a white cuboid that appears to be about 1cm x 1cm x 6cm and I've seen them this shape and size everywhere (sometimes with more rounded edges) so it must be pretty standard, or can any old one be stuck up?

Where can I pick up a replacement in Dublin or online? I don't mind paying for the wired bit too, or a set of 10 or whatever (I can stick what I don't need in my man drawer).

Thanks

Sounds like you just need the magnet, bring the old one with you to get a replacement as if you get a different type you may need to move the wired device for it to fit. You can pick these up as singles.

Advertisement