Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

processing time for stalking permit

Options
  • 05-05-2011 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

well lads, was just wondering would it be too late to apply for a stalking permit now? or should i wait til next year? I would also have to wait for the guards to issue fac for gun.

Anybody know how long it takes to process them?

thanks lads
    AT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

AccuTip wrote: »
    well lads, was just wondering would it be too late to apply for a stalking permit now? or should i wait til next year? I would also have to wait for the guards to issue fac for gun.

Anybody know how long it takes to process them?

thanks lads
    AT

you should be alright if you apply now you should have it by the start of the season, once you have permissions on land that hold deer which will be verified by the NPWS. put the serial number of the rifle you are buying on the application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

you should be alright if you apply now you should have it by the start of the season, once you have permissions on land that hold deer which will be verified by the NPWS. put the serial number of the rifle you are buying on the application

How do they go about confirming if there are deer? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Glensman wrote: »
    Could be wrong but i was told the local ranger checks if he does not already know

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

Glensman wrote: »
    the local ranger will usually have a look at the land for signs of deer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

yea ,local ranger will call out
    he ll also contact the farmer to make sure you have permission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

You have plenty of time to apply. You will likely be approved quite quickly and then receive your permit along with everyone else at the start of the season.

When you send in your application wait a few weeks and contact them. If they have processed it by then they will give you a letter that you can use to get your license.

You only need the make, calibre and serial number to apply for the hunting permit.

Advertisement