Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fry pan

Options
  • 05-05-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Just wondering what the best frying pan on the market is today. Sick of buying crappy ones that lose their coating straight away. Gonna spend a bit of money and get a proper one. Any brands and locations to purchase would be appreciated, especially from chefs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I can't live without my covered saute pan from Circulon. You can get them in Arnotts & Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have one of the cast aluminium ones with a lid from Lidl and a Le Creuset cast iron both 28cm.
    The alloy one is lot easier to move around and has done everything I asked of it.
    The cast iron I use for searing steak as I can heat it till it smokes and sear the steak without it losing heat.
    I find the Lidl pan very clean to use as well, spatter seem to be less with the slightly higher sides. YMMV

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

+1 on the Circulon pans.
    I have, in the past, bought very good non stick pans and very bad ones in Lidl so be careful there.

Advertisement