Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass English LC 2011

• 05-05-2011 9:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

Anyone have any tips on what poets might come up? im studying for this exam on my own , and id like to know what advice the teachers are giving? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

tom thum wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips on what poets might come up? im studying for this exam on my own , and id like to know what advice the teachers are giving?

Nearly impossible to predict I'm afraid as there are so many options. If you are doing the studied poets, you could prob go over papers for the past few years and rule out poets that have come up before. Likewise, if you are doing the individual poems, rule out any that came up in the last 2/3 years.

A bit of advice though - don't sweat it. The poetry is only worth 50marks and you can spend a massive amounts of time on those poems for very little return. Students frequently answer the poetry section as unseen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

deemark wrote: »
    Nearly impossible to predict I'm afraid as there are so many options. If you are doing the studied poets, you could prob go over papers for the past few years and rule out poets that have come up before. Likewise, if you are doing the individual poems, rule out any that came up in the last 2/3 years.

A bit of advice though - don't sweat it. The poetry is only worth 50marks and you can spend a massive amounts of time on those poems for very little return. Students frequently answer the poetry section as unseen.
    true enough i suppose. someone else said that to me too. THANKS

Advertisement