Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticky Suggestion. Missing memory sticks.

Options
  • 05-05-2011 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Quiet simply the Sticky could be called. Lost a memory stick?

If you've lost one, post where and when and what it looks like.

If you've found one, the same as above would be included.

I'll start off.

I have lost my memory stick in Kevin Street Library(Computer room), Yesterday at lunch time.
    Its black/white, no key chain or anything, very plain and boring for a memory stick :rolleyes:
    Need it for assignment work :confused:
    I have checked the library lost and found box and I have checked the computer I was sitting at.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

While perhaps questionable, see if there is a cv or some "IF LOST.txt" in there. I've returned 2 peoples pen drives that way although i wouldn't feel comfortable digging around folders to see if a name's there.

Take note, if you have a usb key, try putting everything in one folder called files, and a text doc with contact details beside it so you just have the folder and the contact file when you open up the drive.

I also wrote a vbs script a while ago that checked if you had usb drives in the machine. I was going to get it to run when you logout and pop up something useful but unfortunately windows closes everything too fast. If someone else wants to take a hack at it, i'm sure it would do wonders (and probably become very popular).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Joebits

wolfric wrote: »
    While perhaps questionable, see if there is a cv or some "IF LOST.txt" in there. I've returned 2 peoples pen drives that way although i wouldn't feel comfortable digging around folders to see if a name's there.

Take note, if you have a usb key, try putting everything in one folder called files, and a text doc with contact details beside it so you just have the folder and the contact file when you open up the drive.

I also wrote a vbs script a while ago that checked if you had usb drives in the machine. I was going to get it to run when you logout and pop up something useful but unfortunately windows closes everything too fast. If someone else wants to take a hack at it, i'm sure it would do wonders (and probably become very popular).

I'm the one who lost it by the way.
    Yup I have a file called IF_YOU_FIND_THIS_USB.txt on it.
    I was probably one of those people you've previosuly returned to because I've gotten it back twice that way ;) But for some reason, I ain't getting contacted this time, has the person taken it and deleted everything and is now using it as their own? I wouldn't usually expect this out of a dit student.

The script thing, very good idea, Windows should have this. It would ask the user 'Would you like to eject USB drive before you Log Off/Shut Down?'

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I renamed my usb with my email address, it always came home after that!

Advertisement