If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MONITOR AUDIO SPEAKER DEAL - 40% OFF

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:14am
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

BOARDIES,

I have a bit of a zinger deal for you - anyone that is looking for quality Stereo or AV speakers - we have the Monitor Audio Vector series significantly reduced to price levels NEVER seen before in the Monitor Audio brand..

The Vector series comprises 3 different models:

V10 Stereo speakers (pair):The Vector V10 is ideal for stereo sound around the home.

With a 4" bass driver complemented by a 1” gold dome tweeter providing clarity and frequency response extending from 65Hz to well over 30kHz the V10 produces excellent deep bass and clear high frequencies from a really compact cabinet. The cabinets are constructed of a high density moulded polymer and finished with a ‘soft touch’ rubberised black skin coated in either a deep high-gloss piano black or white lacquer (with white cabinet) or a more traditional walnut wood grain vinyl. A single point fixing is also provided for bracket fixing and wall mount.

These speakers have a recommended retail of £155 / pair - we normally sell them at approx £129.95/pair - we are doing a boardie deal at just £79.95/pair.

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9439

Next up we have the

Vector VW8 Subwoofer

The VW-8 is an ultra compact subwoofer with a powerful integral 100 Watt class A-B amplifier.

Designed to complement the Vector series the VW-8 will integrate beautifully with any compact, high performance home theatre system.

Features:
    8" long throw woofer featuring MMPII cone technology.
    Forward firing driver with downward firing port.
    100Watt (RMS) class A-B amplifier.
    Rigid MDF construction.
    Auto-on-off facility.
    Variable volume control.
    Variable Crossover/ frequency control from 45 Hz- 150 Hz.
    Switch-able phase control 0-180 degrees.
    RCA/Phono inputs

This has a recommended retail of £250 - again we normally retail it at a Richertastic £199.95 - now reduced to a Bonkers £99.95

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9441

Finally to complete the set we have the AV centre speaker

Vector V20 Centre

The V20 is a versatile speaker that can be used either horizontally for centre-channel home cinema duties or vertically as a left/right satellite in multi-channel or stereo applications around the home.

The V20 is tonally matched to the V10, via a 1" gold tweeter and a 4" bass driver but has the extended bass response necessary for the accurate reproduction of movie dialogue. Front porting, recessed terminal panel and keyhole fixing points allow for easy wall installation.

Features:
    4" Driver with MMPII cone technology.
    25mm gold C-CAM tweeter.
    Magnetically shielded drivers.
    Rigid moulded polymer cabinet with MDF baffle.
    Rear ported.
    Metal mesh grilles.
    Front porting for wall or cabinet mounting.
    Single point wall bracket insert.
    Finished in high gloss piano black, piano white or wood grain baffle with a soft touch rubberised cabinet. (The piano white baffle has a white rubberised cabinet to suit.)

Again massively reduced - the V20 has a recommended retail of £100 - our normal Richer price is £79.95 - we are now offering it at a bonkers £49.95.

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9440

We will also offer the complete 5.1 system ( 2 pairs V10 / 1 V20 / 1 VW8) at just £299.95.

This is a limited offer -only for Boardies and our Facebook friends in Ireland - our in-store prices remain far higher - we will keep it open as long as possible but if you are interested - order asap whilst stocks last as it wont be around long!

Drop us a line or post if you are interested

Thanks as ever guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

I'll take the subwoofer guys. It's a powered one right?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

HI Deadalus.

Drop me your number in a Pm and I will give you a bell ;)

Oh!!! Yeah its a powered one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bearpal

Hi John,

I bought an Onkyo HTX22 form you guys last year, and a Blu-ray. The kit is great:)

Looking to add a centre speaker. Would the V20 centre paired with the original speakers in the HTX22 package.
    Can you give dimensions on the centre, bit if a tight space?
    Alterantive what price on V20 along with a V10 pair?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Hi John

Can you put me down for a subwoofer as well please.

Regards
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I got the Sub from the guys at RicherSounds before, and it is a cracker! Well worth the full price, never mind this giveaway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

Hi John,

Do you know how the V10s would sit with a yamaha as500 amp? I've been considering an entry level amp + speaker package for a while now. Do they work well as stereo speakers with other equipment or best left as part of a vector home cinema combo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hmm, just had a thought. the onkyo 609 can have 2 subwoofers. would it be overdoing things slightly if i was to put the vector with the rx12 subwoofer i already have?

bear in mind i haven't put what i currently have through it's paces....yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Hi John. Interested in the 5.1 package. Not sure what colour yet, will have to ask my other half when she gets home from work. What av receivers would you recommend with these?

Edit: Forgot to say that musical performance of the receiver is pretty important as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 audriuss

Hi John,

I interesting in subwoofer, how can I pay for it and can you deliver to Dublin.

Thanks

Hi John. Interested in the 5.1 package. Not sure what colour yet, will have to ask my other half when she gets home from work. What av receivers would you recommend with these?

Edit: Forgot to say that musical performance of the receiver is pretty important as well.

I'll take a white 5.1 system John, my other half has given me the go ahead. Still looking for a receiver for these, at a good price of course. :)

• Advertisement

bearpal wrote: »
    Hi John,

I bought an Onkyo HTX22 form you guys last year, and a Blu-ray. The kit is great:)

Looking to add a centre speaker. Would the V20 centre paired with the original speakers in the HTX22 package.
    Can you give dimensions on the centre, bit if a tight space?
    Alterantive what price on V20 along with a V10 pair?

Thanks,

Hey BearPal

The Vector speakers would run along with the Onkyo no problem at all.

The Dimensions on the V20 are:

External Dimensions:
    (H x W x D)145 x 355 x 170 mm
    5 11/16 x 14 x 6 11/16 inch

Best price on the V20 and a Pair of V10's would be as listed above as they are already heavily discounted. Total would be £149.95 plus £12.99 delivery.

Drop me a PM with a contact number if you would like to proceed with an order :)

colferma wrote: »
    Hi John,

Do you know how the V10s would sit with a yamaha as500 amp? I've been considering an entry level amp + speaker package for a while now. Do they work well as stereo speakers with other equipment or best left as part of a vector home cinema combo?

Hi Colferma.

The V10's would run along with the AS500 no worries although the AS500 would run larger speakers if required.
    As stereo speakers the V20 have a nice sound and do need run as Home cinema.

DO you also require a price for the AS500 or do you own one already?

Let me know if I can help any further :)

ablelocks wrote: »
    hmm, just had a thought. the onkyo 609 can have 2 subwoofers. would it be overdoing things slightly if i was to put the vector with the rx12 subwoofer i already have?

bear in mind i haven't put what i currently have through it's paces....yet.

Hi Ablelocks.

Yeah the 609 can run two subs.

I would wait until you have had a listen to your RXW12 up and running as it is a monsterious subwoofer before going for a second sub :)

Let me know when you have hooked her up and what you think of its rumble!!!!

Hey ALL.

Just a little update.

We have run out of all the Black finish on both the V10's and VW8 Subs.

We will be ordering in more to fullfill you guys orders :)

I will speak to John on Monday to see how quickly we can get these back in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pixelpixel

Do you stock the BX2's ? If so what price and do you have them in walnut or natural oak ?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Was hoping to see some Radius HD in this thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

pixelpixel wrote: »
    Do you stock the BX2's ? If so what price and do you have them in walnut or natural oak ?

Hi Pixel, BX2's are £219.95 and our most popular bookshelf speaker.

Well made in nice finishes, well reviewed and sound brilliant.

I can do free delivery on these for boardies and we currently have both Natural Oak and Walnut available.

We do always offer the pricebeat so let us know if you get a better price as we'll beat any price you get.

Cheers

Dave

nulabert wrote: »
    Was hoping to see some Radius HD in this thread :(

Hi Nulabert.

Sorry to disappoint. Was there something in particular that you were after and maybe we can quote you happy ? :)

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I would be interested in the complete package what AV receiver will you throw in at a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

I am interested in the 5.1 package.
    I may also be interested in purchasing the following items too;

Optoma HD67N £499.95
    Optoma 3DXL Adapter £249.95
    Sony STRDH810 AV Receiver £199.95
    Sony BDP-S470 Blu-ray £119.95

Am just wondering what kind of deal could you do for me if i purchased all of these together. (I may also be looking for all the cables for all of this too)
    And lastly, how much would delivery to Galway cost for this.

Cheers for your help.
    Joycee

• Advertisement

Hootanany wrote: »
    I would be interested in the complete package what AV receiver will you throw in at a good deal.

Hi Hoot.

I don't blame you.....it's a mega deal.

The receiver that works really well that's also on a great offer is the Pioneer VSX920.

It's currently £299.95 and delivery would be £16.99 to delivery the two.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

Joycee wrote: »
    I am interested in the 5.1 package.
    I may also be interested in purchasing the following items too;

Optoma HD67N £499.95
    Optoma 3DXL Adapter £249.95
    Sony STRDH810 AV Receiver £199.95
    Sony BDP-S470 Blu-ray £119.95

Am just wondering what kind of deal could you do for me if i purchased all of these together. (I may also be looking for all the cables for all of this too)
    And lastly, how much would delivery to Galway cost for this.

Cheers for your help.
    Joycee

Hi Joycee.

Cheers for the post and the opportunity to quote.

That's a nice system you're looking at although the Sony receiver is very short on stock so I'll have to check into that one tomorrow.

If you can let me know if you need any cables, I can work out a complete system price based on everything and if you can PM me a contact number, I'll give you a call to discuss.

ATB

Dave

Thanks to Kenny for sorting me out with the 5.1 package along with a Denon AVR-2311 receiver. Great price and really fast delivery.

I actually don't have them set up yet but as my house isn't ready. Price was too good to turn down though, looks like a stunning piece of kit. I'm sure it will sound just as good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Thanks so much to Dave and all at RicherSounds for sorting me out with the full system I ordered. I got a really great price, great advice and a speedy delivery. I actually couldn't have asked for any better service. I don't have the whole system set up yet, but I will post an update as soon as I get it all set up. Cant wait!!

Cheers again for everything Richer Sounds!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Joycee wrote: »
    Thanks so much to Dave and all at RicherSounds for sorting me out with the full system I ordered. I got a really great price, great advice and a speedy delivery. I actually couldn't have asked for any better service. I don't have the whole system set up yet, but I will post an update as soon as I get it all set up. Cant wait!!

Cheers again for everything Richer Sounds!!!

Joycee,

Many thanks for the kind words - they are much appreciated (fivers in the post as agreed ;) ) I'll pass on the message to Dave & Crew.

Keep us posted on how it all looks & sounds and as ever you know where we are if you have any issues.

Thanks again for the biz - it's much appreciated,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Hi guys, great offer

I have a Yamaha RXV667 7.1 amp and looking for speakers to suit.

Could you give a price on this system + 2 extra satellites delivered ?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Hi guys, great offer

I have a Yamaha RXV667 7.1 amp and looking for speakers to suit.

Could you give a price on this system + 2 extra satellites delivered ?

Thanks

Slip,

That Vector pack works really well with the Yamaha RXV667's (It takes the hard edge off the sounds and really works well with the dynamic of the Yamaha).

We really should have stopped doing - this deal already as we have used all the stocks I had allocated to it but what the heck?

Ok so the Vector 5.1 pack including 4 * V10 Satellites , a V20 Centre & A VW8 Sub we can do at just £299.95 - add in an extra pair of V10 satellites at just £79.95/pair and you are at £379.90.

Delivery anywhere in Ireland add just £19.95

Have a look around on the UK & European sites and see how much the Vector 5.1 system retails at - you will see what a cracking Boardie deal this really is!

Thanks again and if you want to order (we have them in stock ready to ship) just drop me a line with your contact details & I'll get one of the guys to get back to you and you could have them humming away for the weekend :D.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Hi all,
    Is this deal still on offer? Looking for a pair of V10's and one v20.

thanks,

Hi Elder.

Yes, we can still do the deal on those.

We will be ending it shortly as we are running out of stock.

Drop me a PM with a contact number and we can contact you for details.

Regards

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Dave,
    How would these sound on a Yamaha RX-V567? Not an audiophile looking for a decent sound for movies etc.

thanks

Hi Elder.

Yes, we can still do the deal on those.

We will be ending it shortly as we are running out of stock.

Drop me a PM with a contact number and we can contact you for details.

Regards

Dave

This discussion has been closed.