Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2011 Anime

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Preview for Summer 2011 anime season:

iqbvs1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Already. :x
    Blood being remade... want to see.
    usagi drop should be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

blood isn't being remade, it's a completely different story set in the same world, I'd say.
    CLAMP might make it interesting too.

None of the descriptions seem that interesting, so I'm just gonna go by studio and presume NO.6 and Dantalion no Shoka will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Natsumeeeeee!! \o/

gearoidof wrote: »
    blood isn't being remade, it's a completely different story set in the same world, I'd say.
    CLAMP might make it interesting too.

I say remade, you probably say "re-imagined".
    I hate clamp's stringy character design.
    IG animating is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Other than Natsume Yuujinchou(YEAAAaaa awesome) nothing stands out on first glance to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MarkMarsh

Naruto fan here,.. :D

Now, it is more interesting between danzu and sasuke:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MarkMarsh

image size 1,787px × 2,700px.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Doesn't look all that great imo. The only things that remotely interested me were Dantalion no Shoku and perhaps Sacred Seven.

I'll probably check out Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel solely cause it has Kyun Kyun in the title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Nobody looking forward to the new FMA movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

New Appleseed and blood projects look cool, and a new Hellsing is always appreciated. I wish madhouse would get to work on Black Lagoon series 3 >__<

No.6 looks like it could be interesting, and sunrise appear to be making another deep confusing mecha series with Sacred Seven.

A little disappointing overall, a lot of boobies and lolis by the sounds of it. Then again what was I expecting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

No. 6 eh?

Might be worth looking into who is involved.
    Thomas-G wrote: »
    A little disappointing overall, a lot of boobies and lolis by the sounds of it. Then again what was I expecting :D

Manyuu Hikenchou. A lot of boobies doesn't even begin to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Im not impressed to be honest. I think il probably give most a miss, at first glance anyway!

No. 6 eh?

Might be worth looking into who is involved.

Manyuu Hikenchou. A lot of boobies doesn't even begin to cover it.

I saw. It's so sad that a concept like that actually makes it to production. Anyone here could write a better story!
    I for instance, would set it all in a highschool, and have it so sleeping with one guy would cause breasts to grow massive, but boy is a weed and hates girls or something. PROFIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Unlike the last few seasons there seems to be a few interesting concepts there, which should mean I watch a few opening episodes. I think morbid fascination might lead me to see just how bad Manyuu Hikenchou will be. I'm betting I don't get through the opening credits...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Burkie.EXE

I'm really looking forward to the new Higurashi OVAs, apart from that I'll just wait for recommendations, although Blood-C did catch my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

KingLoser wrote: »
    Natsumeeeeee!! \o/
    Funky wrote: »
    Other than Natsume Yuujinchou(YEAAAaaa awesome) nothing stands out on first glance to me.

can't wait.

3389121240_7e40cd6d15_o.jpg
    KingLoser wrote: »
    Nobody looking forward to the new FMA movie?

That's a theatrical release, and it'll be up to a year before it's out but maybe the dub will be released faster in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Agent Larkin

There's a Hayate movie?

Yea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

New Hellsing Ultimate episode out, hells yeah! :D

Still waiting to hear more on the release of the new Berserk. It's apparently going to be a movie rather than a series though... hopefully it will be a movie series or at least quite a long movie!

New Hellsing Ultimate episode out, hells yeah! :D

Still waiting to hear more on the release of the new Berserk. It's apparently going to be a movie rather than a series though... hopefully it will be a movie series or at least quite a long movie!

The manga hasn't been entertaining in a long time, so I can't get excited about new Berserk. I never watched the anime but the band of the hawks arc it covered was the best part by far.
    Also, here's hoping they still leave Puck out, i hate that guy.

Thomas-G wrote: »
    The manga hasn't been entertaining in a long time, so I can't get excited about new Berserk. I never watched the anime but the band of the hawks arc it covered was the best part by far.
    Also, here's hoping they still leave Puck out, i hate that guy.
    The new anime is supposed to start from scratch again I think, I'm the opposite though I loved the manga even more after the eclipse, the Millenium Falcon arc was so awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Edited the first post to include the updated preview - a few new shows added.

Yuru Yuri, Usagi Drop, Sacred Seven and Dantalion no Shoka look interesting atm. I'll probably see what else people are recommending once this season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

Natsume, No.6, and Kamisama Dolls. Boom. Maaaybe Usagi Drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

anyone got early reviews?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Is that a slice of life based on FSN/Tsukihime?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Funky wrote: »
    Is that a slice of life based on FSN/Tsukihime?
    Dunno tbh; all I know is that it's a FSN/Tsukihime crossover OVA.

Can't wait! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭megaten

Usagi drop looks like it's going to be really good

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

megaten wrote: »
    Usagi drop looks like it's going to be really good
    I wonder if you'll still think that when you get to the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone want to suggest Groups for each show, excluding horrible and the like.

• Advertisement

Commie and underwater usually do the best job I find, unless you can find a group doing their own translation.
    Rare what with the free translation coming from crunchyroll.
    CR quality isn't as bad as it was either, so don't be put off paying/stealing from them.

Advertisement