Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2011 Anime

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

which show are you looking for? anidb lists all the groups subbing each show.

I'm a fan of gg and mazui, but they're only doing 4-5 shows

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://ji-hi.net
    I always use this website to pick the group I watch, since it's not as biased as everywhere else.
    Just so happens Commie and Underwater usually edit CR's subs best grammatically speaking, and their styling isn't the dog's balls.
    But it's all opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Nice run down of all this season's shows here. (Link courtesy of KO Kiki!)

Been catching up the new stuff over the last few days and my opinions so far:

Mawaru Penguindrum: Fantastic 1st episode, great 2nd episode, looks like it could be quite good. Beautiful animation too, the attention to detail is incredible - and it has adorable penguins, what more could ya want? :P

Sacred Seven: 2 episodes in and unsure about this one. I usually love Sunrise but I'm not too hot on the plot for this... I'll give it another episode or 2 anyway.

Usagi Drop: Loved the 1st 2 episodes. Really touching anime, reminds me a bit of Tomoya and Ushio in Clannad: After Story. Looking forward to coming episodes.

Double J: Amusing little flash animated show. Each episode is 4 min long and it's about 2 girls who sign up to a traditional crafts club in school. Doesn't take much time to watch and the crafts are quite interesting.

Yuru Yuri: Oh, I loved this one - first 2 episodes made me laugh out loud multiple times :D Takes the piss out of it's own genre a bit too, which is pretty cool. Totally airy fairy but very funny.

Dantalian no Shoka: Dropping this. 1st episode was okay but it seemed to move really quick and some parts towards the end were just a bit stupid. Just don't think it's my cup of tea personally.

That's pretty much all I have time to watch but shall be keeping an ear out to see if anything else stands out this season :)

Oh, and here's a link to an article where you can see the attention to detail in Mawaru Penguindrum. Some dedicated otaku has gone out and photographed places seen in the anime - the comparisons are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I'm starting to think that every show this season is terrible. I think I might drop everything and go rewatch Katanagatari instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Only checked out Usagi Drop so far. Lovely first 2 episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Pretty crappy season compared to the last one imo. I've watched the first couple of episodes of a few shows:

Usagi Drop: looks decent enough, I'll keep watching.

Mawaru Penguindrum: seems interesting enough, it's done by the dudes who did Durarara and Baccano so I'll keep watching anyways.

Kamisama no Memochou: One of the ones I like the look of most so far but we'll see.

Natsume 3: More of the same, awesome stuff.

Ro-Kyu-Bu!: Originally I randomly downloaded the first episode and saw pictures of it and thought frak this I'm not bothered watching random loli show #384, but heard the second episode was okay and gave it a go. Seems decent enough, not what I expected but undecided whether I like it or not. Gave me some Cross Game vibes kinda so I'll watch a few more episodes to see.

Don't think I watched anything else but I've continued Steins;Gate which just gets better and better and Kaiji is awesome too, if a little ridiculously slow. I'll probably give Dantalian no Shoka a go considering it's Gainax, just haven't bothered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Konata wrote: »
    Usagi Drop: Loved the 1st 2 episodes. Really touching anime, reminds me a bit of Tomoya and Ushio in Clannad: After Story. Looking forward to coming episodes.
    :)

Great show, little girl is adorable.

How's everyone getting on with the new season anime? Any recommendations now that we've made it to mid season?

Mawaru Penguindrum and Usagi Drop are still the standouts for me. Yuru Yuri has gotten progressively worst - Akariiiiiiin! is still awesome though :P

Tiger & Bunny is still going strong, very interesting storyline in the last few episodes. Definitely one of my favourites this year. Just a great, enjoyable series.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Konata wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on with the new season anime? Any recommendations now that we've made it to mid season?

Mawaru Penguindrum and Usagi Drop are still the standouts for me. Yuru Yuri has gotten progressively worst - Akariiiiiiin! is still awesome though :P

Tiger & Bunny is still going strong, very interesting storyline in the last few episodes. Definitely one of my favourites this year. Just a great, enjoyable series.
    To many, to much, but not so much time to watch it.
    For now i just checked the new Blood and Blue Exorcist.
    Both series arent so bad. Blue could be even better but as far i can see the story from manga was cut and changed a little bit. Thats the only minus for me. Besides that its quite good , the story maybe isnt the best, son of satan, attack of demons etc. but interesting chars can fill the gaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

I hear this season wasn't too great.
    Good thing last season was pretty good.
    Stiens;Gate is p. incredible right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

new series of natsume is great. they haven't messed with it at all so far, so if you enjoyed the earlier stuff, you'll still like the new ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I'm waiting on the blurays (or DVDs if I have to :P ) but am really following this thread for which ones to get. Hoping I'll like Tiger and Bunny, it sounds great but I usually love or hate sunrise stuff

Usagi Drop finished. Nice wee series, nothing mad exciting but an enjoyable 11 episodes all the same.

Mawaru Penguindrum still being crazy. Good episode last week, hopefully they can keep up the plot continuity which got lost in the last few weeks.

Tiger & Bunny on the last episode. Fantastic series. I just love it! Action packed, surprisingly good plot lines, hilarious and heart warming.

Yuru Yuri has one more episode to go. Funny series that started off strong, dipped severly in the middle (waaaaay too much young girl lesbian stuff) but picked up again towards the end. No Lucky Star/K-ON etc. though.

Advertisement