Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice On Insurance

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Due to tax reasons, I am not the registered owner of the vehicle I am driving at present. I am finding it very difficult to get a Insurance company to quote me for comprehensive insurance. Help Please!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

You cannot insure something that does not legally belong to you as it goes against one of the key fundamentals of insurance,that is you have to have an "insurable interest" in the vehicle,property etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 trek04

No its not legal one of the questions they ask you when taking out the insurance is are u the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle. Occasionally if it is registered in your husbands or wife's name then this is OK. or if its under a lease agreement or company car but the insurer would have to agree this before giving cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

What possible 'tax reasons' could you have?

Advertisement