Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got my 1st choice

Options
  • 05-05-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi!!!:D:D:D

I just got a letter today from DCU saying I got in for Sept! I applied for Multimedia, my first choice!, can't wait!

Anyone else get a letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

CONGRATULATIONS :D:D:D That's fantastic
    No letter, but I'm just starting out at interviews next week so hopefully....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

That's great news, well done:). Nice to know what you'll be doing next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭partay pooper

CONGRATS

I got EPL at DCU..WOOHOO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Arts in Mary I... Cannot wait! Happy days everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

well done all!

see u in DCU:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Nice work!

I remember opening that letter last June, best feeling I've had in a long time, you'll love it.

Enjoy, and good luck :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Good on ya mate, my interviews are starting next week so fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Congrats peeps!

I got a letter of acceptance from DCU for business studies, but my first 3 choices are in UCD, so hoping to hear from them soon enough! :eek: but if UCD wont have me, see you in DCU! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Congrats all,

I'll see you all in Spetember in DCU, I got a letter last week telling me I'll be offered a place on the Physics with Astronomy course. Can't wait for it!!!

Just got a letter today to say I got my 2nd choice which is digital medial in NUIM. The thing is I got into my first choice (Multimedia DCU), my question is, what if my circumstances change and I want to choose my 2nd choice over my first, can I do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Just got a letter today to say I got my 2nd choice which is digital medial in NUIM. The thing is I got into my first choice (Multimedia DCU), my question is, what if my circumstances change and I want to choose my 2nd choice over my first, can I do this?

you have until july first to change your mind on the cao. so up til this point you could move your number two into the number one spot, but other than that i don't think so. once you get your offer from cao you won't get offered anything lower.

i am moving a few of mine around on the cao cos i didn't think a few through when i piled them into the list. i am also moving the couple that have already offered me to make sure they are nearest the top. i don't think i am going to get my first choice, cos they said they will be calling for interview in early may and so far i haven't been called. had two interviews for other places. one hasn't gotten back to me (and said they won't that i won't know until july) and the other one said no, we bleugh to them. i have another interview next week!!!

good luck making up your mind

hdowney wrote: »
    you have until july first to change your mind on the cao. so up til this point you could move your number two into the number one spot, but other than that i don't think so. once you get your offer from cao you won't get offered anything lower.

i am moving a few of mine around on the cao cos i didn't think a few through when i piled them into the list. i am also moving the couple that have already offered me to make sure they are nearest the top. i don't think i am going to get my first choice, cos they said they will be calling for interview in early may and so far i haven't been called. had two interviews for other places. one hasn't gotten back to me (and said they won't that i won't know until july) and the other one said no, we bleugh to them. i have another interview next week!!!

good luck making up your mind

Firstly. you are a mature student yeah?

What course/s are you applying for?

The change of mind, can you still do this yeah!?! I thought I was stuck with my number 1 choice!!!

btw, good luck next week in your interview:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, you can move your choices around the list or take them off with the change of mind. You can't add any onto your list though.

Larianne wrote: »
    Yes, you can move your choices around the list or take them off with the change of mind. You can't add any onto your list though.

phew, thanks:)

I'm still waiting to hear back from UL!!

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Firstly. you are a mature student yeah?

What course/s are you applying for?

The change of mind, can you still do this yeah!?! I thought I was stuck with my number 1 choice!!!

btw, good luck next week in your interview:)

yup mature student. :) cheers on the good luck

yep change of mind is open until july 1st and is free. it means that if you think the order of the courses on your list isn't right anymore (like i do) that you can go on and re-arrange them to suit you better. handy like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Didn't get in last year really wanted Carlow IT. This year I didnt put them as my first choice but I got in anyway. I got my first choice in NUIM so I am delighted and kinda scared! Great feeling knowing what I will be doing rather than another year of hanging around. Congrats to everyone! :D

Didn't get in last year really wanted Carlow IT. This year I didnt put them as my first choice but I got in anyway. I got my first choice in NUIM so I am delighted and kinda scared! Great feeling knowing what I will be doing rather than another year of hanging around. Congrats to everyone! :D

pretty sure i ain't getting my first choice (mentioned interviews in early may - which is over - and i haven't heard a thing) but there are a few others on my list that are real contenders so i am not going to completely melt (like i did when i didn't get my lc points back in the day!) i can go to one of the others for the level 6 then transfer to my first choice perhaps for my level 8?!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

I have applied to so many colleges all though CAI except UL, and have gotten no interviews yet. Only letters I have gotten were one from Waterford asking me to fill in a questionnaire and I went and took a test at UCC..... Should I be worried about not getting asked to come interview anywhere yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I applied last year to UL direct, did not receive anything until 14th June, lucky for me it was an acceptance letter No interview required. Just finished my Spring Semester Exam and sweating until 20th June for the results :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I got a letter from UCD yesterday and I got my first choice of Economics in UCD!!! Can't believe it, SO excited / scared! Congratulations to everyone else. Roll on September! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

So far today gotten 2 "No Thanks" letters. One from UCD, saying I did not provide enough information?? Don't know what thats about, I provided everything that was asked on the CAO application. AND another no thanks letter from UL today. Only place I tested was UCC so hopefully I get in there at least. They were my 2nd choice. Anyone heard from UCC yet?

Has anybody recieved an offer for DIT yet, or had interviews yet for DIT ? I have searched other threads and haven't spotted anything posted so far..

Has anybody recieved an offer for DIT yet, or had interviews yet for DIT ? I have searched other threads and haven't spotted anything posted so far..

nope not heard nothing back from dit since march when they sent me a letter confirming that they got my cao application. doesn't look good in my opinion. would have thought i would have heard something by now, even just an interview date.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Hi, I got called for an interview for the Physics Technology course in DIT there a couple of months ago now. Think it was around March/April time. Maybe you should ring them and ask if they've sent anything out yet regarding your course.

Hi, I got called for an interview for the Physics Technology course in DIT there a couple of months ago now. Think it was around March/April time. Maybe you should ring them and ask if they've sent anything out yet regarding your course.

mite do that monday, just so as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

I got a letter last week from UCD saying I got my first choice! Vet Nursing here I come!! Woop woop! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

just finished first year myself doing Comp Sys as a mature in UL !! :D

but still awaiting my grant payment which i applied to Clare co-co last August 2010 :eek::eek::eek:

so new comers, be sure to get your grant/fees applications in as soon as possible,

and good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

i don't suppose anybody has received any offers for places in NUIG yet?

i applied for business info systems, but don't have a science subject, which as it understand won't count against me as i am applying on the basis of mature candidacy. as long as they do actually have an allocation for mature students on this course?? they only have 20 places available in first year.so......

Advertisement