Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Fixtures 6/7 May 2011

• 05-05-2011 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

I'm suffering snappy title performance anxiety (is that why nobody has put up the fixtures yet?) at the moment so if somebody can suggest one, I'll edit it.

Premier Division

6 May 2011

Galway United vs Dundalk
    Drogheda United vs Bohemians
    Derry City vs UCD
    Bray Wanderers vs St Patrick's Athletic
    Shamrock Rovers vs Sligo Rovers

First Division

6 May 2011

Cork City vs Longford Town
    Waterford United vs Mervue United
    Finn Harps vs Wexford Youths
    Monaghan United vs Limerick

7 May 2011

Salthill Devon vs Shelbourne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Looking forward to our match hard to tell how many will travel up to it. Would be happy with a draw but like Cook says we go to win every game, so hopefully we can sneak a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

As admirable as it is, you have to feel that Sligo's game really does suit us better than teams that press more or park the bus.

That said, Cook is due a league result against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

stovelid wrote: »
    As admirable as it is, you have to feel that Sligo's game really does suit us better than teams that press more or park the bus.

That said, Cook is due a league result against us.

Having seen both teams, I can't see Sligo breaking down Rovers defence the way they are playing at the minute. 2 nil rovers.

As bad as Dundalk are playing lately, I'd still fancy us to beat Galway comfortably.

Game of the weekend is Bray versus Pats in my opinion. Very tough to call that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers are still relatively anaemic at the minute, so no guarantees over Sligo..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The amount of games is killing our small squad, hopefully squeeze past Drogs all the same.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My first trip to Drom on Saturday which will hopefully be a nice walkout for Shels, supposedly a lot of happening down there, manager being sacked, etc... And this fecking rain better feck off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

My first trip to Drom on Saturday which will hopefully be a nice walkout for Shels, supposedly a lot of happening down there, manager being sacked, etc... And this fecking rain better feck off!
    They've just appointed Ski McGee as manager. They're screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Rovers :)
    Shamrock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Balls -- are none of the matches on telly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Longford a goal up against City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2075 see Longford with a somewhat surprising one nil lead at ht down the 'cross.

Rovers 1-0 up on Rovers.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Rovers 1-0 up on Rovers.

I had a feeling that was going to happen at some stage:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

RESULTS
    Bray Wanderers 0 - 1 St. Patrick's Athletic
    Derry City 7 - 0 U.C.D
    Drogheda United 0 - 1 Bohemians
    Galway United 0 - 3 Dundalk
    Shamrock Rovers 1 - 0 Sligo Rovers

City 1 Longford 1 FT

Good save by Mannus in injury time to deny us a point. Finished 1-0 Shams.

Oman sent off with 6 minutes to go for 2 yellows, very silly 2nd yellow tbh. Stepping in front of the keeper as he tried to take the free out isn't something you should be doing when you know you have a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jaysis bray are a tough team, we went out to contain them :eek: worked but weird seeing that happen. Denied them space and left dempsey with only sidewards options.

Dempsey MOTM imo, stupid red card for their player at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    City 1 Longford 1 FT

Happy with the draw in the end, but the penalty decision was outrageous. One of the most stonewall decisions I have seen not given.

Anyway, bring on the Shelbourne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Good save by Mannus in injury time to deny us a point. Finished 1-0 Shams.

Oman sent off with 6 minutes to go for 2 yellows, very silly 2nd yellow tbh. Stepping in front of the keeper as he tried to take the free out isn't something you should be doing when you know you have a yellow.

Great save but poor finish tbh.

Very harsh red card in general, first was only maybe a free never a card, only way I could have seen it being a card was if it broke down the attack...it didnt. In saying that thought he took a dive.

Second card was harsh too, he merely walked away in the direction the ball was being played, obviously this was to slow things down but its done everywhere. Finn had a free kick later where he couldnt take because Ryan (?) was standing in the way to slow things down....just cus he didnt kick it at ryan he didnt get a yellow.

Overall I thought we were good for the win. Poor display second half but still managed to have the best chance of it though. Ndo and Ryan are both a bit windy when not in control of the game too.

Dennehy was...shockingly bad.

The sligo display seemed to go over the heads of everyone around me.... Was it ment to be ironic or?

End of the day, Hoops rightfully top of the league. 4 wins out of 4 against Sligo. I finally seen why people are comparing Sligo to Barca though... both are up there with the most theatrical teams in the wold. Running into the players facing away from them and jumping to ground.

Oh and nice to see Ndo and Jayo being besties. ;);) Cook is also mad. People say about the pressure etc getting to MON but jesus...he was shuffling down on the sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,505 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Jaysis bray are a tough team, we went out to contain them :eek: worked but weird seeing that happen. Denied them space and left dempsey with only sidewards options.

Dempsey MOTM imo, stupid red card for their player at the end.

Im stuck between whether a draw was a fair result or was 1-0 deserved for Pats. Bray offered nothing in the second bar a few minutes at start and end. No surprises the goal came when Mitchell was off, his kamikaze defending finally hurting him.

At least you like the Pats fans around me saw that it wasnt a red card. How could he give the free to Bray too? Ref didnt have a clue what he was doing, and with the penalty claim in first half.

Who was your number 7? He was always a threat, him and no. 9.

Mushy wrote: »
    Im stuck between whether a draw was a fair result or was 1-0 deserved for Pats. Bray offered nothing in the second bar a few minutes at start and end. No surprises the goal came when Mitchell was off, his kamikaze defending finally hurting him.

At least you like the Pats fans around me saw that it wasnt a red card. How could he give the free to Bray too? Ref didnt have a clue what he was doing, and with the penalty claim in first half.

Who was your number 7? He was always a threat, him and no. 9.

North 9 Kavanagh 7, last few games we played with wingers but tonight went with Murphy/Doyle who offered nothing going forward but cover so Dempsey had only simple options. Forcing the game into Crowley and Bradley, wasnt a great game but very interesting tactically.

Kelly made a few strange decisions, regarding the peno it was definite handball but it was blasted at him. Galway got a peno from exact same thing other day. As a fan i would claim the peno but seriously when theres **** all you can do about it is it really a peno? And the red the ginger lad fouled bermo then bermo did an Alves at the slightest touch. Wasnt impressed with that or Murphy diving all over the place (i have offered him to bohs for pack of chewits)

North 9 Kavanagh 7, last few games we played with wingers but tonight went with Murphy/Doyle who offered nothing going forward but cover so Dempsey had only simple options. Forcing the game into Crowley and Bradley, wasnt a great game but very interesting tactically.

Kelly made a few strange decisions, regarding the peno it was definite handball but it was blasted at him. Galway got a peno from exact same thing other day. As a fan i would claim the peno but seriously when theres **** all you can do about it is it really a peno? And the red the ginger lad fouled bermo then bermo did an Alves at the slightest touch. Wasnt impressed with that or Murphy diving all over the place (i have offered him to bohs for pack of chewits)

Yeah keeping Dempsey quiet is key against Bray, obviously a bigger squad like yours could cope by being able to have a variety of players.

I dunno re: penalty claim, he was a few yards away, no need to have arms flailing at head heigth. Tis something I cringe at seeing defenders doing. Haha that Murphy chap took some exceptional abuse through the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jaysus that Sligo goalie was dreadful

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah keeping Dempsey quiet is key against Bray, obviously a bigger squad like yours could cope by being able to have a variety of players.

We really dont, we signed some poor players with mahons view to playing ball. We had no defender or CM on the bench and with kenna possibly out for the season and Mulcahy injured we kinda ****ed.

Wouldnt mind Dempsey back in July :D

We really dont, we signed some poor players with mahons view to playing ball. We had no defender or CM on the bench and with kenna possibly out for the season and Mulcahy injured we kinda ****ed.

Wouldnt mind Dempsey back in July :D

Build a roof over the unsheltered side and then negotiations can take place:-P

What was on the sign Hooperman was carrying around after half-time?

Rovers were comfortable enough, bar the late chance. Good move for the goal which competes for highlight of the night with Ndo running the ball straight out of play in the second half and Murray acknowledging the fans which he doesn't usually..

Entertaining journey home on the 51C with some returning unfortunates supporting SPA :)

dfx- wrote: »

Get Well Soon Tony O'Donohoe.

Im Larry Murphy.
    Entertaining journey home on the 51C with some returning unfortunates supporting SPA :)

Wow if anything happened Foot.ie would explode in a jurisdiction war about "outside grounds violence". What you doing on our bus btw? :D

• Advertisement

Wow if anything happened Foot.ie would explode in a jurisdiction war about "outside grounds violence". What you doing on our bus btw? :D

All in good mood with two wins on the night, nothing to be taken too seriously - I mean they were claiming they hate Rovers, which couldn't be true..

Going home :p

Going home :p

Traitor.

:pac:

Ebbs wrote: »
    Get Well Soon Tony O'Donohoe.

What's wrong with him? Hope nothing serious, nice man when I've met him.

What's wrong with him? Hope nothing serious, nice man when I've met him.

Nearly sure I read in the paper today that he has/possibly has cancer. Hopefully a swfit recovery.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Jaysus that Sligo goalie was dreadful

From where I was, he was lucky too. Looked like he handled outside the area in the second half and if Kilduff was more cynical, he could have went down near the end to get him into trouble. Also that fluffed clearance that came back off our player.

Rovers completely ran the first half with some good football but handed a large amount of the second half back to Sligo I felt.

Deserved win though.

Mad to think O'Donnell, Sives and Twigg still have to come back into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Back on top of the first division if we pick up any sort of result away to Salthill Devon tonight, with a win seeing us open up a 3 point gap to Cork in second. Far from massive, but with a game against said Cork side next Friday it'd be slightly comforting to know we'd still end up being (joint) top after the first series of games even if we conspire to lose next week (always the optimist, me!). :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Traitor.

:pac:

Less of your parochialism please, Rovers are Dublin's club. ;)

Ebbs wrote: »
    I finally seen why people are comparing Sligo to Barca though... both are up there with the most theatrical teams in the wold. Running into the players facing away from them and jumping to ground.

They've been at that **** for the past two seasons. I've never seen a team go down so easy in the LOI before and I'm watching it over 20 years. McCabe seems to have carried it on for Rovers now.

Mad to think O'Donnell, Sives and Twigg still have to come back into the team.

I don't think O'Donnell and Sives will make a whole lot of difference but Twigg certainly will. Rovers first 11 isn't a million miles ahead of other teams first 11s but the squad size and quality on the bench makes all the difference. I think most people would have expected Rovers to fairly walk away with the league this year and I think the only surprise is how poor Sligo have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Brilliant atmosphere in Tallaght last night second half was electric and fair play to the couple of 100 Sligo fans to,but lose the banner"TOP OF THE TABLE NOT UNDER IT".Think it maybe abit ironic seen as we are top of the table and Sligo seem to be way under it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

paulcorr wrote: »
    Brilliant atmosphere in Tallaght last night second half was electric and fair play to the couple of 100 Sligo fans to,but lose the banner"TOP OF THE TABLE NOT UNDER IT".Think it maybe abit ironic seen as we are top of the table and Sligo seem to be way under it.

Is that what it was? I couldn't make it out. Didn't we have that banner down at their place earlier in the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Cracking win for us last night!

C'mon the Saints! :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Great to get 3 points again after a winless streak

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

paulcorr wrote: »

I had no idea too.

Hoops top of the table...Sligo under it?
    Sligo paying Turner under the table?

I thought it was a bit poor too. Was the alcohol a reference to, usually bohs fans, obsession that MON drinks in a pub?

I'd love to know what it was about as a lot of effort went into the banner itself, just not much into the concept.

doncarlos wrote: »
    I don't think O'Donnell and Sives will make a whole lot of difference but Twigg certainly will. Rovers first 11 isn't a million miles ahead of other teams first 11s but the squad size and quality on the bench makes all the difference. I think most people would have expected Rovers to fairly walk away with the league this year and I think the only surprise is how poor Sligo have been

I would assume that SOD will start with Finn although given MON's bizarre loyalty to Turner maybe not. Sives is a better footballer than Oman but the latter is playing out of his skin at the minute.

Any truth some norwegian side stuck in a bid for Twigg?

Looking forward to monday, stovelid i start the thread morrow. Shocking thread title absolutley shocking :D

Looking forward to monday, stovelid i start the thread morrow. Shocking thread title absolutley shocking :D

The pressure to find a snappy yet cross-culturally sensitive title got to me, I must admit. ;)

I'll be in the shed Monday.. No Stewart to bother you this season at least!

The pressure to find a snappy yet cross-culturally sensitive title got to me, I must admit. ;)

Picked up me shed ticket today. No Stewart to bother you this season at least.

We have no midfield, reckon the game will be all you with the ball and North/Kavanagh causing problems on the break. We dont have the players available to press a team or force them back. So we simply bypass midfield :)

Kavanagh lad is on ****ing fire.

I see rovers selling tickets for the game, wonder why the relented ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Traynor and Buckley are great players. 19 and 18 respectively. Two lads for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Wet%20Wet%20Wet%209.99.jpg
    Absolute joke last night. :mad:

How the f*ck did Salthill get a license for Drum!

• Advertisement
Advertisement