Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for Race Week 2011 (wanted/offered)

Options
  • 03-05-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Since we're now closing in on summer and the races are coming up many people will want to have suggestions on where to stay.
    In this thread you can ask for, or recommend, places to stay around the city.
    You can also offer a room in your house or similar if you feel comfortable doing so.

Anyone may post to ask for suggestions.
    BUT - only established posters may post to advertise. This is not an opportunity for new people or businesses to sign up just to try to earn money.
    Established means >200 posts or >1year on boards.

The racecourse is located here.
    Official site here
    Googlemaps B&Bs
    Googlemaps hotels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 haydenlikesbeer

Hi, I have just decided to go to the races this year and was looking for for a cheap or relatively cheap place to stay for 3 nights. But every place is extremely expensive. Does anyone know of anywhere that might be reasonably priced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Define 'reasonably priced'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Reasonably priced? Race week?

Unfortunately those 2 sentences don't go hand in hand.

As above, you need to define 'reasonably' priced

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try further out from the city, like Oranmore or Claregalway.
    But in essence, everyone will put up their prices around race week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

hostels might be a bit cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

I was hoping to rent my house out for Race Week. Can I add it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

You should get a relatively good deal in the Galway Arms from what I remember last year!
    www.galwayarmsinn.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Hi ,

I have 2 rooms to let race week in my home , 2 kms from city and 1.5 km away from the race course, one room is a twin room and the other a double that could fit up to 3 if needed, bed and shower ,
    is for Monday , Tuesday , €40 per person per night,
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday €50 per person per night,
    Saturday and Sunday is €40 per person per night, No party in house ,
    If you have any questions please pm me

To let for Raceweek:

2-bed duplex Apartment on Dominick St, City Centre
    Will have just been completely renovated hence completely modern (This will be the first let since renovation)
    1st floor of building: Kitchen/Living area with decent sized balcony facing out on to private court-yard (There will be a BBQ on balcony for those who like cooking)
    2nd floor of building: 2 x double bedrooms, Bathroom

The apartment is bang in the middle of city centre, but is located in the centre of building so no external noises can be heard (traffic / night-time noise from the street is not an issue)

Parking available 4 min walk away from apartment, but property is so central you'd be mad to bring your car.
    To include pick-up/drop-off from/to bus/train station or airport, so just leave your car at home for the week and use the public bus to get to the Galway Races (Ask anybody what the traffic is like during Race week, it's a waste of time trying to drive)

PM for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Scien wrote: »
    Jurys Inn €275 a night. :rolleyes:

Anyone any recommendations for something (double room) for around €100 p/n?
    Don't mind what type; B&B, self catering, hotels, a barn....

Online searches aren't going great.

How long you planning on staying for?

€100 p/n is what you'd pay for a hotel room for 1 night on a weekend in Galway any time of the year tbh

However if you were planning on staying a week i'm sure you'd get an apartment for €100 p/n = €700 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Scien wrote: »
    2 nights only. Thurs - Sat.

I could stay 7 nights in a European resort for some of the prices I'm seeing online, which is beginning to look more attractive at this stage.
    Will see how this thread develops anyway as it looks like it could be a good resource for reasonably priced beds.

Sure keep searching, I guess the main prob is that you only want 2 nights which will pretty much rule out self-catering.

You may still get a B&B or hotel but remember you want to stay the busiest day/night of Race Week (Thursday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

To Let for Race Week

House in nice, quiet estate with 3 en-suite double bedrooms. Westside of Galway City. 25 min walk into town centre. On bus route. There is a shop adjacent and a Dunnes across the road.
    All mod cons including broadband/UPC. Ample parking available. BBQ/patio area in back garden.
    Deposit taken and house rules apply.
    PM for further details please

Update: house has been let

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ilovegalway

We are a family with small children ( the youbgest of which will be 11 mobths then)min 3 bedroom looking
    For accommodation for race week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pinkdiamond

Five Bed bed (four bedroom) apartment for rent in Gort na Coiribe, Headford Road. This is a five minute walk from city centre. Laundrette and security onsite. Modern apartment with bed linen and towels provided. 800 euro for the full week.

For more details: http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?id=18344

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

2 bed apartment available for raceweek in Salthill overlooking Galway bay
    Bedroom 1- Double ensuite
    Bedroom 2- twin
    Both bedrooms have sea views.
    Living room has balcony with panoramic sea view..
    Parking for 2 cars.
    800EUR for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hust

<please read initial post about what's needed to post in this thread. Try Accommodation forum instead>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Great two bedroom (one double and one single) rooftop apartment available in the heart of Galway city centre. Only 30 seconds walk from Eyre Square and all amenities. The apartment is furnished, has an electric shower and all mod cons.

Term is July 9th to August 9th, 750 euro. Great option for the races, especially if you want to make a decent holiday of it. Many places are charging that much for just a week. We signed a contract for a year and want to sublet for the final month as we finish our postgrad in NUIG at the end of June.

Send me a PM here if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Am looking to rent an apartment in town or salthill for two nights during race week can someone point me in the right direction? Daft is showing me anything available. Thanks

• Advertisement

smyths wrote: »
    Am looking to rent an apartment in town or salthill for two nights during race week can someone point me in the right direction? Daft is showing me anything available. Thanks

From what I can see, an apartment for such short time is a no go. The only way you're getting an apartment is by renting for the week I reckon (which, going by hotel prices, is as cheap as getting hotel room for 2 nights!)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 luap2007

I have 5 rooms available for race week. just a 7 minute walk to the race course. PM ME IF INTERESTED AND I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ALL THE DETAILS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

have searched daft, etc and can't find anything.. relations coming up with a family of five (3 kids under 5) from 24-31 August so looking for an apartment for the week.. just wondering if anyone might know of someone with a place for rent. any help much appreciated!

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

What about the apartments near the old Warwick hotel. They say holiday apartments for let and number is on the outside I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

There is a thread stickied for lettings around Galway, might have some luck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mayorose

This is my 4th year heading to the races in Galway and it never ceases to amaze me the crazy prices for accommodation! I have stayed in Corrib Village out by NUIG, its a bit out but its very reasonable for the week thats in it. Its hostel accommodation but very private and clean. Well worth a look! They usually have availability right up to the end of July also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

Double room available for race week, 1.5 km from race course , pm for details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

hello guys i'm going to galway for the race week but i dont know what the name of the towns near galway city.

could someone name 2/3.

I just want to get accommodation somewhere 15 - 20 min dive from galway city itself.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement