If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an Amp and 2 speakers

Options
  • 05-05-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

Hi guys its been a long time since you looked after me for my TV thats still going strong, but i remember ye :)

im looking for an Amp and a set of speakers in around the ~£200 mark (including delivery to Limerick)

im sure my budget is laughable, but what advice can you give me? i was looking to start on 2.0 and slowly be able to upgrade it when i get a bit more cash.
    it'll be used with a PC and Xbox360 primarily.

what do you have that fits my needs?

EDIT: just looked at your
    5.1 system ( 2 pairs V10 / 1 V20 / 1 VW8) at just £299.95.
    and while it seems a good deal, im not sure thats what im looking for. i want a sound system with a dedicated Amplifier that has real upgrade/connection possibilities and a good and large set of speakers to go with it. (the girls like them to be loud too so they can listen to their awful "gangsta" hiphop music (they're 5ft2" pastey white girls :D)

but something that i could lug around for a few years to come, not tiny little PC shelf speakers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

the Logitech Z5500 seems to get cracking reviews even though it goes againsed my caveman logic of "bigger is better" - the speakers are very small on it, and it has no dedicated amp..

i cant find it on your website, do you stock them?

a few places are doing it on special now, ebuyer.com ;200, and amazon has reduced from £300 -> £234

what are your expert thoughs on the set?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

HI Tea_Bag.

Thanks for getting on touch with us.

We do not stock the Logitech Z5500. I could not pass judgement on this product as I have never heard it running or read up on it.
    Logitech tend to gear more towards PC based setups and we go for Home AV.

Have a look a the Onkyo HTX22 which is priced at £229.95 a little over budget but worth it.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=996&Results=true&keys=onkyo

It is 2.1 but can be upgraded to 5.1 using the following upgrade pack:
    Onkyo SKS22X priced at £79.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/sks22x/onky-sks22x-blk

The Vector pack you mentioned is a 5.1 speaker pack and would need an amp to run them. At £299.95 the vector pack is a steal. Although going down this route would double your budget (And a Bit) but give a lot more features and upgrade options for the future.

You could also have look a the Onkyo HTS3405 priced at £299.95 (Pending Stock) Again over budget but a full 5.1 system inc amp.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=1128&Results=true&keys=hts3405%20

Delivery would cost £12.99 anywhere in Ireland.

Let me know if any of these options would fit your needs.

HI Tea_Bag.

Thanks for getting on touch with us.

Have a look a the Onkyo HTX22 which is priced at £229.95 a little over budget but worth it.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=996&Results=true&keys=onkyo

Delivery would cost £12.99 anywhere in Ireland.

Let me know if any of these options would fit your needs.

that looks interesting, but im reading reports that many people are finding the unit to "buzz" while passing sound over HDMI (ill be doing this via Xbox), and the fault is acknowledged by Onkyo. Can you confirm if this fault is fixed now or if its possible i could get one of these faulty units? if it was to be faulty, and ive to return the unit to RS/Onkyo, would i have to pay postage for the RMA?

lastly, is that the price for normal customers and can you budge on a boardsie and returning customer discount?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Tea_Bag.

The Buzz with the Onkyo has been corrected on the NEW version. So you should have no issues at all with this.

We try to offer Boardies the best price we can but unfortunatley not all our products can be reduced :( The price is already very keen on this product.

We would collect any faulty units within the first 30 days of purchase. If it had to go wrong after that it would need returned to ourselves here in Belfast or it can be left at the Philips Shop on Dame street in Dublin and we can get it from there.

Hope this helps a little :)

Thanks alot Kenny. im going to have a think about what i really need and if i can afford to allocate an extra £100 quid to my budget. ive also read that there may be un upgrade to the HTX22 around the corner, so maybe waiting 2 weeks isnt a bad idea.

Thanks for the help Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.