Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turbo Trainer Tyre Blowout

• 05-05-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever had there turbo trainer tyre just blow up? Was doing a short ride this morning and after ten minutes I heard a bang.

The tube appears to have rim pinch marks near blowout area suggesting I put it on badly. Suppose this was the cause?

It had been fine for ages though (used about 15 times since getting it after Christmas). Inflated it to 115psi from 85psi today. Tyre can go to 145psi though (it's a Schwalbe training tyre). Funny thing is is that the blowout is only external. When I look on the inside of the tyre there's no crack. It's a funny one. Any recommendations on a new one or will this one do?

picture.php?albumid=1696&pictureid=9443

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

How much do ya want for it? Seeing as its posted in adverts?:)

Schawbles recalled ultremos R/DH tyres for falling apart. Too late now but if tyre bulged after being inflated. It might have been sign of blowout to come.

"Regrettably, some ULTREMO "R" racing tires which have been sold into the marketplace might be prone to failure while in use because of an error that has occurred during the manufacturing process. In the limited number of affected tires, the casing layer was not sufficiently rubberized and thus will show a clearly visible bulge, due to the carcass layers separating. This carcass separation will show generally after only a short time in use."

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oh no it's not ...

... well not now anyway - moved to the main forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Schawbles recalled ultremos R/DH tyres for falling apart. Too late now but if tyre bulged after being inflated. It might have been sign of blowout to come.

"Regrettably, some ULTREMO "R" racing tires which have been sold into the marketplace might be prone to failure while in use because of an error that has occurred during the manufacturing process. In the limited number of affected tires, the casing layer was not sufficiently rubberized and thus will show a clearly visible bulge, due to the carcass layers separating. This carcass separation will show generally after only a short time in use."

sorry - not sure why I put it in there. thanks Beasty for moving. i was listening to radio with ear phones at the time and heard this strange noise and then took them off just in time for the bang. will continue with it a while and see how it goes (have put a patch over it but that will hardly work).

Advertisement